A&H

I'm a newbie

The Referee Store
Welcome to RefChat

Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Don't be afraid to ask shy questions.

Welcome to the dark asylum... Everything is not what it seems....
From a fellow new by.

Welcome Daz. Not long got here myself.
This forum is truly excellent and they are a good bunch of guys. All the knowledge and advice (some good, some not so good) you could ever crave is here mate.

Enjoy. :)

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the site. I've been refereeing my son's 7 v7 matches for the last two years as a 'helpful parent'. I've just recently passed level 7 and wish to go further as I really enjoy it.
Hi Daz. I apologise in advance for anyone who gives you a hard time for demonstrating an understandable lack of experience or understanding of the finer points of the Laws of the Game. You're doing a good thing by getting your qualification and you're making a difference to your community. Keep on whistling.

Hi Daz. I apologise in advance for anyone who gives you a hard time for demonstrating an understandable lack of experience or understanding of the finer points of the Laws of the Game. You're doing a good thing by getting your qualification and you're making a difference to your community. Keep on whistling.

Couldn't agree more. I got in to this through my son playing (first as a coach, then doing the middle for mini-soccer games, then realising I enjoyed doing the middle more than coaching - you only get grief _during_ the game, unlike a coach...!). We are always learning, and amazingly, this site really does help with hearing and thinking about different interpretations/approaches.

Welcome aboard the good ship RefChat.

Brian thank you for your support. It's really appreciated. I'm a full time truck driver and a 'retired' black belt martial arts instructor who at 49 is getting a little old, and I'm so focused on Reffing it's really something I enjoy in educating the youth in the beautiful game. My plan is to follow a friend of mine up to his level at refereeing (4) or further and apply for any vacancies in referee tutoring (which is what he does). Even though as always in life you're learning everyday, whether it be refereeing, driving, or giving advice to your kids, I know I have the ability to teach folk who want to learn and even though there's a lot to remember with Reffing common sense and how to deal with situations calmly plays a big part.

Back