In or Out?

Should the UK remain in, or leave, the European Union

• Remain

• Leave

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How bent the bananas are or cucumbers are? Establishment of minimum standards so consumers aren't ripped off
Wattage of light bulb? See point above, also the introduction of energy efficient bulbs means less of a drain on the limited natural resources on the planet
Maximum wattage on vacuum cleaner? See point above regarding energy efficiency, also health&safety concerns that uncapped wattages could result in death dealing hoovers (well some that have a higher propensity to cause injury and/or death, particularly children and animals)

So, in your opinion then Brian, we in the UK aren't capable of doing the above for ourselves, needing Germans, French, Italians etc to sort that for us?

The Referee Store
Had an uncle in Bolivia who bought a black market Hoover. Woke up one morning and the Dyson had nicked his tele

So, in your opinion then Brian, we in the UK aren't capable of doing the above for ourselves, needing Germans, French, Italians etc to sort that for us?
You do what you like. My country will still be a member of the EU on June 24th and will remain so for a while yet.

You do what you like. My country will still be a member of the EU on June 24th and will remain so for a while yet.

Not much point in you continuing in this conversation then is there? At least I've attempted to reason out and back up any assertions I've made on here. Perhaps reasoned debate isn't your thing(?) You could well be right about the 24th, but I for one hope for the sake of my kid's and beyond that we're not.

Moving to Germany? ;)

Technically you're right regardless of the outcome. That is even if the outcome of the vote is published by then.

Perhaps we need an EU directive to tell us how to count the votes?

Not much point in you continuing in this conversation then is there? At least I've attempted to reason out and back up any assertions I've made on here. Perhaps reasoned debate isn't your thing(?) You could well be right about the 24th, but I for one hope for the sake of my kid's and beyond that we're not.
I haven't made any assertions on here, just attempts at levity. You see my employer has banned me from campaigning one way or the other, so I just sit on the sidelines and take potshots at the pomposity of the "we're all doomed" comments coming from both sides of the fence.

For the record, I'm Irish. Born there, grew up there, carry an Irish passport. I'm one of those immigrant chappies who fled a war zone. So my views on immigration and multiculturalism are invalid, except I'd like to say...

Your car is probably German (or Japanese)
Your vodka is Russian or a Russian derivative
Your lager is Scandinavian or Australian or American
Your pizza is Italian (or American)
Your kebab is Turkish (or Greek)
Your tea is Tamil (or Yorkshire)
Your coffee is Brazilian
Your democracy is Greek
Your major roads are Roman or based on them
Your oil is Saudi Arabian
Your electronics are Chinese
Your numbers are Arabic
Your letters are Latin
Your language is Indo-European
Your religion probably originates from a Middle Eastern country

I'm done.

Oh and I forgot, we (that's the Irish), built your roads and your railways, we run your best pubs and we also produce annoyingly catchy music... think B*witched and the Corrs, not U2 and Van Morrison

Last edited:
Reactions: SM
I haven't made any assertions on here, just attempts at levity. You see my employer has banned me from campaigning one way or the other, so I just sit on the sidelines and take potshots at the pomposity of the "we're all doomed" comments coming from both sides of the fence.

For the record, I'm Irish. Born there, grew up there, carry an Irish passport. I'm one of those immigrant chappies who fled a war zone. So my views on immigration and multiculturalism are invalid, except I'd like to say...

Your car is probably German (or Japanese)
Your vodka is Russian or a Russian derivative
Your lager is Scandinavian or Australian or American
Your pizza is Italian (or American)
Your kebab is Turkish (or Greek)
Your tea is Tamil (or Yorkshire)
Your coffee is Brazilian
Your democracy is Greek
Your major roads are Roman or based on them
Your oil is Saudi Arabian
Your electronics are Chinese
Your numbers are Arabic
Your letters are Latin
Your language is Indo-European
Your religion probably originates from a Middle Eastern country

I'm done.

I can respect that. :)
But I'm afraid I drive a Land Rover, don't eat pizza or kebabs and I'm atheist. ;)

I can respect that.
I drive a Land Rover, don't eat pizza or kebabs and I'm atheist.
Used to drive a Hilux Surf and then a Jeep. Love pizza but it doesn't agree with me. Enjoy kebabs but same problem as pizza. As for your lack of religious beliefs, I like a man who knows his own mind. More of an agnostic myself.

Reactions: Kes
I appreciate the post and it's very true however...

It doesn't in anyway negate the negative sides of multiculturalism nor does it answer people's issues with it, that's all. Too many people use it as an end game argument but It doesn't adress anything

'Don't worry that your Salary is being compressed because of cheap tradesmen from the EU living 10 to a house because I heard you had a pizza last week'

Doesn't really butter the bread that does it

I appreciate the post and it's very true however...

It doesn't in anyway negate the negative sides of multiculturalism nor does it answer people's issues with it, that's all. Too many people use it as an end game argument but It doesn't adress anything

'Don't worry that your Salary is being compressed because of cheap tradesmen from the EU living 10 to a house because I heard you had a pizza last week'

Doesn't really butter the bread that does it
You're right but it does demonstrate that not everything about multiculturalism is negative.

The whole Brexit campaign is simply a ruse to facilitate the rise to power of Nigel Farage and his band of reconstituted racists......

Hence why it's only the extreme right wing and low intelligence (Jeremy Kyle audience ) markets who are falling for it......

If the 'little Englanders' carry the vote then I genuinely fear for the future of this country......

The whole Brexit campaign is simply a ruse to facilitate the rise to power of Nigel Farage and his band of reconstituted racists......

Hence why it's only the extreme right wing and low intelligence (Jeremy Kyle audience ) markets who are falling for it......

If the 'little Englanders' carry the vote then I genuinely fear for the future of this country......

Funny as I'm neither extreme right wing nor of low intelligence but I'm voting out

Then again you do enjoy branding every man and his dog a racist don't you

I consider myself a very intelligent person. MBA, degree,professional qualification, etc. I am voting leave, not because I am so stupid to fall for the propaganda, but because I have formed my own opinion, seen the political changes that have occurred and assessed the changes that I believe will happen will the EU finally accepts Turkey, etc. I just don't believe the EU is in any way the original intention of the Common Market we voted to join in the 1970s.

I am voting for my children, we can all look at the here and now and say it's not so bad, but in 20 years I genuinely fear we will no longer have national identity.

I once met Nigel Farage at Embankment station on my way home from work. Found him nice chap, not my sort of guy and some of his points didn't ring true to me, but I have never considered him and the general intention of the UKIP party to be racist. Nationalist - yes, but I've never heard them mention race. There is a difference.

Just my opinion.

Based on that logic then surely UKIP should now be a serious part of the British government? The last opinion poll I saw (may well have changed by now) had leave slightly ahead, so all these people are far right and uneducated? UKIP being the only serious 'far right' surely should've bagged many more votes at seats last May?

I for one will be voting out on June 23rd, yes a young person interested in politics (a miracle has happened). What annoys me most about the upcoming referendum is the amount of apathy amongst people my age, so many just don't care and don't understand how important the decision is to the future of our county.

I for one will be voting out on June 23rd, yes a young person interested in politics (a miracle has happened). What annoys me most about the upcoming referendum is the amount of apathy amongst people my age, so many just don't care and don't understand how important the decision is to the future of our county.

Totally agree Jack, the apathy amongst our generation is really quite worrying. I know quite a few of my friends won't be voting, which is a real concern to me; whatever the result, there is no doubt that it will have a massive impact on our future. Generations have fought in wars around the world to secure our freedom and right to vote, why on earth to people choose not to use that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back