A&H

Is nothing sacred?

Mick.

RefChat Addict
Given a changing room to myself today (although it later turned out I was sharing it with a couple of hockey refs). Mindful that the changing room door would not lock I put all my valuables into my bag and took the bag pitchside.
When I returned, I jumped straight in the shower (as you do) and on exiting saw that my jeans weren't hanging up where I had put them. It wasn't until I had dried and dressed that I realised my coat was missing!:mad:
The cheeky bugger had obviously gone through my trousers and, having found nothing of value, had it away with my coat. I liked that coat.:( And it would have kept me warm when I came out of the changing room into the harsh cold reality of life.
Does this mean that I am going to have to put all of my kit into my bag and cart that up to the pitch? I hope not, especially if it starts raining. I did think that maybe I would put my bag into my car, but I could do without my window being put in so that some sticky fingers little s@@t can help themselves.
Anyone know if the RA subs covers us for theft or do you have to take out a special insurance policy?

The Referee Store
Iirc the RA insurance only covers theft of kit. Could be wrong though

I've been in a similar position fella, only difference was the thieving swine got everything, well except my car keys and the kit I was wearing. Chin up matey

If your valuables are in the boot of your car (out of sight) they are generally covered by car insurance.

Done this on occasion where I put my stuff in the boot of the car and use a running arm wallet to carry my car key.

Any news about the theft (slim hope I guess)?

Dirty scumbags!

Your not on your own here; I once had my mobile nicked while I was taking a shower. Can't belive the cheeck of these peps.
Woulnd't know about getting some money back. If I'm honist they will say you left your things unattended.

Went back today and viewed CCTV (perks of the job) but there were so many comings and goings with the other users - hockey clubs etc, that I couldn't pick out one carrying my coat. I guess I was hoping to see a lone individual come into the changing block and leave shortly after carrying my coat. No such luck. I think in future I will put everything in my bag and take it pitch side.

I've sadly had money stolen from at a match, had £15 go missing from my wallet, never saw it again!

One game a colleague of mine had, and the away changing room was looted while teams were warming up.

Was quite a high level game, but from the 30th minute, every few minutes was 'Permission to leave pitch ref?' "What for?" "I need to speak to the police"

for the best part of an hour, the away team only ever had ten men on the pitch because they all had to leave the FOP, one by one, to give details to the two coppers who were sitting in the stand watching a good game of footy.

I've sadly had money stolen from at a match, had £15 go missing from my wallet, never saw it again!
I always have money go missing from my wallet after a game. Somehow it seems to end up in the till behind the bar!

Back