A&H

Is this a red?

LC

Level 6 Referee

At 10:15

Watching this match live I thought it was a red and still think it should of been. Other people I have asked thought it was just a hard challenge.

Opinions?

The Referee Store
That is a naughty challenge. Two footed, seems to go through the player. Not so much of an off the ground lunge, more of a stretch, but I still don't like it. Ref is in a decent position, not sure why he has let it go without any intervention.

At best it is a FK and caution. I would be thinking SFP and a straight red myself.

Reactions: LC
I thought it was reckless so would caution although wouldn't have any arguments if someone gave a red for that. From the angle in the video it was hard to see.

Last edited:
As BH has said, the second foot has come in later. This is not a 2 footed challenge. (Though as referees we shouldn't use that term anyway, it doesn't appear in the LOTG)

This is not a two footed challenge, but I still class it as endangering the safety of an opponent. The challenge is high and over the ball - you can say it has a downward trajectory - but still could have caused serious injury.

I don't see how there wasn't even a freekick for it though. I think the referee A) did not have a good angle or B) spent too long thinking and got himself confused and ended up doing nothing.

See the screenshot below

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-18 at 17.28.54.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-18 at 17.28.54.png
    36.7 KB · Views: 25
Lol - old school refereeing!

It is the very definition of the orange card for me.

Whatever card colour you go with, you can understand if the other card was given.

Select Group and Fifa Assistant Referee Darren England the man in the middle there.

Think he missed what should have been a second red

Back