A&H

Keeper destroys the Penalty Spot

micky2001

Seems to be a few debates surrounding KFTPM recently so thought I'd add this to the mix.

Keeper destroys the penaly mark...deliberately. What's your next move?

Any discipline to keeper?
Change sides?
Allow retake?
Abandon and report?

The Referee Store
Interesting point, I would say during a game if you haven't noticed it until the penalty spot is beyond repair then you might be forced to abandon, having said that at grass roots level I often see terrible penalty spots. During a penalty shoot out you could swap around.

Yellow card, unsporting behavior and could also be dissent as well

Doesn't look like the ref saw it. Should be a yc for making unauthorised marks on the pitch.

That penalty would be retaken also. The keeper was almost on the 6 yard line.

More than anything else, i do love the reaction from the player after the penalty is skied. Shaking his fists at the penalty spot!! Pure gold.

The keeper still has one foot on the line when it was taken.
The AR should have picked up the unsporting behavior. It looks like other payers were in on it. Some standing in front of the keeper and some keeping the referee occupied when it happened.
I feel that there should be some sort of sanction imposed against this team and/or the clubs post game. At least a fine.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    536.1 KB · Views: 18
That is not on his line fella. :) The LOTG do not say may have any part of his body on the line. When that kick is taken he is off his line

Just pointing out the fact that his feet are not 3 yards each. Cant have one foot (almost) on the 6 yard line and the other on the goal line ;) :D

Last edited:
Haha, quality move from the keeper. ALthough must say I'd probably be having it retaken as not a fan of how the keeper is rushing off his line as its taken.

Should be a USB for the keeper, and if the spot is damaged you could change ends. But all that was missed. The ref should have spotted the damage to the penalty mark when he monitored the placing of the ball. Given that he didn't, there's no reason to retake the kick.

That is not on his line fella. :) The LOTG do not say may have any part of his body on the line. When that kick is taken he is off his line

True. It's like when there's a wall on the goal line - that means both feet on the goal line. However, when he's 1 step off the goal line and it's shot over the crossbar, I think it's safe to say that encroachment was trifling.

He looks much further off his line because he's coming forwards, but all that's important is where he is the moment it's touched. And that's 1 pace off.

Reactions: one
Back