A&H

Kick to the head “it’s his first one ref”

OnlyUseMeWhistle

RefChat Addict
Level 4W Referee
Funny one from the weekend.

U16 boys cup game, 2-0 to the home side and I’ve just let a few little contacts go during a phase of play when a home player falls into a seated position with his legs out and the ball ending up between his knees.

I’m about to blow for the foul that brought him down when an away player, who is stood behind him, swings his leg into the player on the ground. There is no chance he wins the ball here and it’s obvious frustration. Knee makes contact with head so I’m sending him off anyway.

Later on an away player goes down injured and both manager and assistant come on to check him. Assistant takes his chance to say he thinks I’ve had a fair game but the red was uncalled for because “it’s his first foul” and “from where I was (45 yards away) it wasn’t a red”

I just said “I was 5 yards away and his knee has come into contact with his head at force” and walked away. Just made me laugh

The Referee Store
Funny one from the weekend.

U16 boys cup game, 2-0 to the home side and I’ve just let a few little contacts go during a phase of play when a home player falls into a seated position with his legs out and the ball ending up between his knees.

I’m about to blow for the foul that brought him down when an away player, who is stood behind him, swings his leg into the player on the ground. There is no chance he wins the ball here and it’s obvious frustration. Knee makes contact with head so I’m sending him off anyway.

Later on an away player goes down injured and both manager and assistant come on to check him. Assistant takes his chance to say he thinks I’ve had a fair game but the red was uncalled for because “it’s his first foul” and “from where I was (45 yards away) it wasn’t a red”

I just said “I was 5 yards away and his knee has come into contact with his head at force” and walked away. Just made me laugh
It's a love/hate relationship with managers sometimes 🤣

And also, some really don't think before they speak!!

Nothing annoys me more than managers coming on during treatment to moan about the incident that caused the injury or anything else. Just focus on the injured player of yours

Nothing annoys me more than managers coming on during treatment to moan about the incident that caused the injury or anything else. Just focus on the injured player of yours
Once you've called on the physio / manager, worth moving 15m away, keeping injured player and others in view. That way if the team official wishes to give you 'the benefit of their wisdom' it's at loud volume and so much easier to sell the ensuing dissent caution :)

Once you've called on the physio / manager, worth moving 15m away, keeping injured player and others in view. That way if the team official wishes to give you 'the benefit of their wisdom' it's at loud volume and so much easier to sell the ensuing dissent caution :)
Very good point. I’m certainly guilty of standing within quiet earshot of those entering for treatment, which makes any form of caution or rebuke a hard sell. Good point that I hadn’t really considered!

Definitely doing this from now on! Had never thought about this before

Back