A&H

Koln Hamburg KFTPM

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
Brilliant. Never seen that before. Sudden death in the pen shootout in the Pokal cup.

Home captain with the last kick of the 5 needs to score to take it to sudden death. He scores… but his standing foof slips, he strikes the ball against his standing foot and it loops in over the keeper.

Ref disallows for the double touch. Great spot!

The Referee Store
Seen it a couple of times, forest v arsenal in the cup (not spotted) and City v Leicester in the league (spotted).

One of them that if you see the flight of the ball without the luxury of var will probably look off but you won't be sure why

Boro Vs Bolton, 2004 League Cup Final. Zenden slipped at the moment of contact, ball looped up down the middle, looked with replays from behind the goal that ball had hit Zenden's standing foot. Pre-VAR days, he got the benefit of doubt and surprisingly no protests from Bolton players.

Reactions: es1
Boro Vs Bolton, 2004 League Cup Final. Zenden slipped at the moment of contact, ball looped up down the middle, looked with replays from behind the goal that ball had hit Zenden's standing foot. Pre-VAR days, he got the benefit of doubt and surprisingly no protests from Bolton players.
I was undoubtedly looking at it through Boro-tinted glasses but I thought in real time, there didn't appear to be that much wrong with the kick. It didn't really loop up, it went more or less straight down the middle, where it looked at if he was aiming it anyway.

I seem to recall that at the time, even after watching several replays pretty much everyone (including the commentators) were not completely sure that it did in fact touch his standing foot.

Looking at it in hindsight, I think that this was almost certainly an offence but as you say, even the Bolton players didn't complain when it happened - because it wasn't particularly obvious.

See 36s into the clip below. Not the most egregious example, I think.

Back