A&H

La Equidad v Sante Fe, 16/03, Red Card

ELP

Everyone's Favourite Member
Now I understand that most of you probably didn't watch this game, but due to my love for south American football and my current insomnia I decided to watch this one. Game ended 2-0 to Sante Fe but something really interesting happened on the 80th minute.

Equidad number 28 was a 60th minute sub on. 80th minute he commits a reckless foul and the referee calls him over, ready to issue a caution. But he doesn't. The player & referee end up having a chat for thirty seconds, then the referee seems incensed with the player. One can only assume that the player has said something the ref didn't like, so I am expecting the ref to pull out the red.

Instead, he flashes the yellow once, puts the card back down by his side again and flashes it again followed by the red. Double booking and red card at once. :D

Now I remember having this debate with someone a long time ago, I don't at all think he was wrong to do that and it's completely right in my view to double flash a yellow in such a situation if neither merits a straight red, but it's just an interesting situation I saw and thought I'd post about... anyone seen anything similar?

The Referee Store
You wind up merchant haywain :(

Wouldn't have minded watching it again, unfortunately I can't find highlights anywhere

Back