A&H

Laws of the Game Challenge

Russell Jones

RefChat Addict
To celebrate the start of the Euros, I thought I'd give Refchat members the chance to try their hand at a LOTG assessment I used last year with some of my promotion candidates :)

15 question, multiple choice, maximum 2 minutes per question, based on 20/21 LOTG. Because I tested them virtually, I set it up on Kahoot! which is a simple quiz application which you can download to any phone, tablet or computer

Anyone who is interested, the game pin number is 05149915 and it's live until late Monday evening. I will be impressed if anyone gets 15, it's not simple :)

Apologies in advance that the questions aren't all as beautifully worded as I would have liked. The perils of a 150 character maximum!!

Enjoy .....

The Referee Store
The 2 I got wrong. Enjoyed the quiz. Think I got about 12k points, answered all questions within about 30 seconds each.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210611-205737.png
    Screenshot_20210611-205737.png
    399.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20210611-205814.png
    Screenshot_20210611-205814.png
    618.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20210611-205751.png
    Screenshot_20210611-205751.png
    794.3 KB · Views: 12
13/15.

Must read question better.
And do what law says

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210611_214306_no.mobitroll.kahoot.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20210611_214306_no.mobitroll.kahoot.android.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
To celebrate the start of the Euros, I thought I'd give Refchat members the chance to try their hand at a LOTG assessment I used last year with some of my promotion candidates :)

15 question, multiple choice, maximum 2 minutes per question, based on 20/21 LOTG. Because I tested them virtually, I set it up on Kahoot! which is a simple quiz application which you can download to any phone, tablet or computer

Anyone who is interested, the game pin number is 05149915 and it's live until late Monday evening. I will be impressed if anyone gets 15, it's not simple :)

Apologies in advance that the questions aren't all as beautifully worded as I would have liked. The perils of a 150 character maximum!!

Enjoy .....
Is this exactly the same quiz that we did? I got 14 but I didn't remember some of the questions. I wonder why 🤫
Besides, for the question I got wrong, I don't think any of the answers were strictly correct because we don't show red cards in the warm up ;)

What does "quota of subs" mean? It it the number of substitutions allowed during the game or is the the number of substitutes allowed on the teamsheet/bench?

Mispressed on the first question, got two others wrong because I didn't read the question properly as I was trying to be quick 🤦‍♂️
Interesting you say these things. Not being able to go back and re-read questions makes the quiz a lot more difficult. I also sensed a 'startle factor' when getting questions wrong. Finally, done in real-time against others, the Leaderboard (the speed of submitting answers contributes to the score) made me switch into competitive mode. All that said, it's an entertaining platform for a quiz and reflects the sorts of errors we make on the FOP when not thinking straight

Also @Russell Jones , be interested to know what ratio of refs get your 'naughty question' right
An unremarkable question on the face of it, wrapped in banana skin 🍌

So, the results are in!! Overall, an impressive effort from the refchat regulars, with the majority achieving at least a 'pass' (12 out of 15 correct). I've discounted some entries that were obviously second attempts (based on answering most questions in 1 or 2 seconds!) and from Big Cat who has seen it before!

So our winner is RefBob with 14 correct, closely followed by Bubbles, JamesL, Redster and Wazztie, all with 13 right. Congrats folks.

It was only the 'banana skin' question that was answered wrong by the majority. By law, if there is attacking encroachment at a penalty then, even if the penalty is missed, the "correct" restart is an IFK to the defending team.

Two other questions were found tricky by roughly half of you:

1) If a player is sent off in the warm up then they can be replaced in the starting line up by one of the named substitutes and this does NOT count as one of the allowed substitutions for that team.
2) If a game goes to kicks from the penalty mark, every player now starts with a 'clean slate' regarding yellow cards. Thus it is possible for a player to receive a 'second' yellow card but not be sent off. I believe this (along with a warning for the first offence) was introduced to lessen the chance of GKs being sent off for repeated encroachment in our VAR era

Any queries regarding the other questions just ask on here or send me a direct message

Glad that many of you took part. I'll try to remember to repeat the exercise in future :)

I got the item you listed 1 wrong. More so because I interpreted 'quota of subs' as the number of substitutes on the team list. Got a few others wrong as well, but because I was racing against the clock. Obviously nothing was my fault. :)

I got the item you listed 1 wrong. More so because I interpreted 'quota of subs' as the number of substitutes on the team list. Got a few others wrong as well, but because I was racing against the clock. Obviously nothing was my fault. :)
It's a tough method of delivering questions. Get a question wrong and the whole body goes into shock. Dunno why we get the urge to answer quickly!

The subs question definitely suffered from the Kahoot character limit .. I couldn't properly differentiate between substitutes and substitutions.

Your other excuses are just lame though :rolleyes: :D

Reactions: one
I missed the word reckless on the SPA question...

And of course penalties, what I would actually do vs what law says.

Back