A&H

Leeds vs Hull

Gabriel

Don't support either of these teams, and only saw it this morning, but fair play to Josh Smith for stopping the game so players and officials could join in with the applause for those 2 leeds fans. Not something I've seen before. On a serious note however, is that actually allowed?

The Referee Store
as long as everyone is aware it will or might happen then just add the time on, no issues.

imagine telling the club you'll refuse to stop the game!

I can’t see anything against it in law, although I just had a brief look. It mentions ‘allowance is made by the referee in each half for all playing time lost in that half through: any other cause, including any other cause, including any significant delay to a restart’. Assume this would fall into this category

I was at the ground and it was incredibly moving. Most people mentioned the referee joining in, which was really nice to see. Credit to everyone involved, including Hull’s fans and owners. The owners are Turkish and requested fans not to bring any Turkish flags (which is common for Hull) out of respect - for context, sometimes, ‘fans’ will bring Turkish flags or shirts to antagonise Leeds fans. They also presented a wreath by the memorial plaque outside the ground

Back