A&H

Leeds vs Man City

I also predicted 1-3. Thought we'd get an early goal then have to endure an onslaught. Instead we were just passed to pieces and shot ourselves in the foot with the second goal. Guardiola plays football the Bielsa way with players Bielsa could only dream of having at his disposal. Great night. Just bought a ticket for my first away game in 18 years. Heading to Cardiff in the FA Cup :)
Leeds timewasting was very impressive yesterday TBF!!
Thought Hopper had a good game, but the timewasting was very difficult to get on top of...

The Referee Store
Leeds timewasting was very impressive yesterday TBF!!
Thought Hopper had a good game, but the timewasting was very difficult to get on top of...
Having watched Bielsaball for nearly 4 seasons, Leeds fans were used to 100mph football with quick restarts every time. Earlier this season, they were raging at other teams using the delaying tactic to manage a game to conclusion. Since Marsch has arrived the players seem to have figured out that "time expending" can be an effective tool to manage game tempo and rile away fans. It was nice to get a point yesterday, despite watching the game on a stuttering stream from an American broadcaster.

Having watched Bielsaball for nearly 4 seasons, Leeds fans were used to 100mph football with quick restarts every time. Earlier this season, they were raging at other teams using the delaying tactic to manage a game to conclusion. Since Marsch has arrived the players seem to have figured out that "time expending" can be an effective tool to manage game tempo and rile away fans. It was nice to get a point yesterday, despite watching the game on a stuttering stream from an American broadcaster.
I watched the Leeds Academy Documentary Series on Netflix. I was impressed by Marsch
I'm not bothered about Leeds' time management in the Newc game. It was only really in the closing stages. We've been doing the same for two decades

If you are not a fan of the time management dark arts, you probably want to steer clear of a Wycombe Wanderers fixture.

It's interesting that goalkicks were changed to anywhere in the 6 yard area to allegedly to help speed up the game and yet it's almost had the opposite effect as keepers will often take the ball to the opposite side from where it went out of play. :mad:

It's interesting that goalkicks were changed to anywhere in the 6 yard area to allegedly to help speed up the game and yet it's almost had the opposite effect as keepers will often take the ball to the opposite side from where it went out of play. :mad:
Didn’t that change last century?

(for US high school games, which play under their own rules, it is a caution for delay to put the ball down on one side and move it to the other side)

(for US high school games, which play under their own rules, it is a caution for delay to put the ball down on one side and move it to the other side)
Changed 25 years ago, prior to which the kick had to be taken from the half of the goal area corresponding to where the ball crossed the goal line.
Many goalkeepers take the opportunity to waste a few seconds by taking the kick from the side opposite to where the ball goes out, but don't place it then move it (so presumably no caution even in US High School games?)

Many goalkeepers take the opportunity to waste a few seconds by taking the kick from the side opposite to where the ball goes out, but don't place it then move it (so presumably no caution even in US High School games?)
correct For HS rules

I wouldn’t mind seeing IFAB try an experiment where delay on TI, GK, or CK becomes a turnover to the other team. It might be a more compelling consequence than the meaningless caution the GK takes (for which too many refs don’t even add the time it took for the caution!). A CK isn’t so severe that refs would be afraid to call it, but should be a bigger disincentive for the GK than the meaningless caution. (I wouldn’t mind seeing a CK as the consequence for a 6 second violation, either. Then the penalty would not be so draconian as to make it all but impossible to call.)

Likewise, the more recent change that the ball doesn't have to go out of the PA should allow play to restart quicker. but it also allows for more faffing around (we'll set up to take it short, then we'll delay to take it long).

Two remedies to timewasting - add time on as per World Cup, or more cautions for delaying the restart. Even blatant ones are going unpunished in the PL

correct For HS rules

I wouldn’t mind seeing IFAB try an experiment where delay on TI, GK, or CK becomes a turnover to the other team. It might be a more compelling consequence than the meaningless caution the GK takes (for which too many refs don’t even add the time it took for the caution!). A CK isn’t so severe that refs would be afraid to call it, but should be a bigger disincentive for the GK than the meaningless caution. (I wouldn’t mind seeing a CK as the consequence for a 6 second violation, either. Then the penalty would not be so draconian as to make it all but impossible to call.)
It's not a penalty for penalising a GK for taking longer than 6 seconds.

I'd like to penalise a GK who's caught the ball then dives unnecessarily on the ground, but if we're counting the seconds he's on the clock once he's got control (proper control, not as defined in the law!).

I'd like to penalise a GK who's caught the ball then dives unnecessarily on the ground, but if we're counting the seconds he's on the clock once he's got control (proper control, not as defined in the law!).
yes i hate this, this absolutely is time wasting yet we just seem to accept it. another example of how fans and players are cheated out of playing time

It's not a penalty kick, but the IFK in the PA is a significant penalty that is part of the reason that Rs don't want to call it. (Not just because it is a serious penalty, but because it is a pain in the posterior to manage those IFKs.)

But since no one is counting at all . . .

Back