A&H

Linesman Flags?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Healy

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction??

I'm trying to find some really good quality Linesman flags, i've currently got an average set that are at best alittle flimsy. Cost isn't really a barrier (minus electronic flags) so all suggestions are welcome.
I've seen some on matchdays that are solid plastic with rubber grips, these are what i'm leaning towards.

Look forward to any options.

The Referee Store
I personally like the Touchline flags. Got an old set with rubber grips that are still in ok condition (I think) that'll do for club assistants. The new ones with the plastic handles are also very good.

If they're to give to club assistants I wouldn't break the bank on a set, as they'll come back broken and with fag burns on them.

I have a set of the new touchline flags for big games when I am in a trio, they are big and bright and are a good weight. I use a set of Mitre flags for club linesmen. The Mitre ones have a good size flag, easly to wash and if the lineman use them properly they make a good sound, you will get a set of the Mitre's ones on Ebay for about £8-10.
No matter what flags you get, the most important thing is to make sure the linemen use them !!!!!!!!:p

I prefer the old rubber-handle Touchlines to the new (my sweaty hands don't like the plastic grip on the newer model).

I personally don't like the new touchlines, they aren't bad I grant them that but they just feel a bit too flimsy and the handles could break at a moments notice! I've got a lovely set of Pro Swivels which are no longer in production (post-OS breakdown) but you could pick a set up off B&D, the German site and they are almost exactly the same and are in my opinion, much better flags than the touchlines and are the only flags i'll use until I need buzzers.

I too think that OS's pro swivels are the best on the market. So was rather peed when OS went down the drain. Fortunately I have two sets so should be a while before needing to replace them :)

have just managed to find some brand new OS rubber handled touchline flags, looking forward to seeing what al the fuss is about

Linesman? What's that? I can help you acquire Assistant's Flags but no linesman flags.

Personally, I have two sets, one for club assistants and one for neutral assistants!

I've had a CA try to remove dog mess using my flags before - so they get the crap i find (pardon the pun :p ) but a smart set for either my assistants to use, or for when i run the line!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back