A&H

Man City vs Everton

Joshref

RefChat Addict
What’s the thoughts on the overruled penalty. Completely correct call for me, just intrigued to see what everyone else thinks. Was it a foul? Was it inside the box? Was it a clear and obvious error?

A&H International
One behind the goal angle showed it definitely wasn’t. More than enough to eliminate any lingering doubts from the other angles.

I do think var should be used to punish simulation. Sterling and son both guilty yesterday.

I do think var should be used to punish simulation. Sterling and son both guilty yesterday.

It can. If a PK call goes to an OFR for reversal, the R can (and should) caution misconduct seen in the OFR. (VAR cannot, however, send down for the purpose of giving a caution--so if the dive results in a DFK outside the PA, there is no review possible.)

It can. If a PK call goes to an OFR for reversal, the R can (and should) caution misconduct seen in the OFR. (VAR cannot, however, send down for the purpose of giving a caution--so if the dive results in a DFK outside the PA, there is no review possible.)

Yet to see it happen when it should

Personally I'd like there to be a weekly review where every instance of simulation is retrospectively punished if it's not caught at the time. Diving would be out of our game in a flash

Yet to see it happen when it should

Personally I'd like there to be a weekly review where every instance of simulation is retrospectively punished if it's not caught at the time. Diving would be out of our game in a flash
Yes. This. Would also be great TV.

Reactions: es1
Did Scotland do this retroactively, or have I made that up?
Simulation is punished retrospectively in Scotland.

In England, simulation is only punished retrospectively if the simulation ‘successfully’ deceives the referee. I don't think this has happened since the introduction of VAR.

In England, simulation is only punished retrospectively if the simulation ‘successfully’ deceives the referee.
Let me get this right, if you are poo at diving you get a yellow card. If you are good at it, no yellow card but a ban. Right?

Edit: I meant to type poor but poo would do.😂

Simulation is punished retrospectively in Scotland.

In England, simulation is only punished retrospectively if the simulation ‘successfully’ deceives the referee. I don't think this has happened since the introduction of VAR.

And since VAR is more likely than not to catch simulation and reverse the PK, then in the end the ref wasn't decieved so no suspension and the ref doesn't give the yellow so just dive and see if you get away with it?

Back