A&H

Managers anger

These days managers seem to get mad/annoyed about anything wrong a referee does. It seems to the managers that the referee should get 100% of their decisions right, but let's face it we are all human and bound to make mistakes. Mistakes are how we learn and improve as referees.
I agree with you, but as in the example Kes gave, even when we're right they think we're wrong! Some people are just angry!

The Referee Store
The elbow sounds correct. While 'intent' isn't really a thing, you can tell if he's playing the ball or playing the opponent - or acting in a manner that's particularly dangerous. Sounds like an arm moving around with little force behind it - even a caution isn't always required (you can award just a free kick for carelessly strikes an opponent).
Players and coaches don't get angry over nothing, it's normally something that we have, or haven't, done.
Have you ever refereed a match??? You can get the most blatant, easiest decision correct and people will go off their tree.

The elbow sounds correct. While 'intent' isn't really a thing, you can tell if he's playing the ball or playing the opponent - or acting in a manner that's particularly dangerous. Sounds like an arm moving around with little force behind it - even a caution isn't always required (you can award just a free kick for carelessly strikes an opponent).

Have you ever refereed a match??? You can get the most blatant, easiest decision correct and people will go off their tree.

But that isn't them getting angry over nothing.....that's them getting angry because you have made a decision against them....i.e. you have given a FK for their opponents and you haven't given it for them.

Which is exactly the point I was making....please try and keep up.

I've heard that very specific thing before and have just ignored the person ever since @Padfoot yes you have to think but it is not always the referees fault most of the time it is a temper tantrum and especially infront of kids is wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
Louis

Within the London FA, there is a very good support system, stemming from the top all the way down.
I'd recommend calling one of the RDO's (if you know or get along with one better than the other, call that one) and voice your concerns and/or worries. They will likely attempt to send someone to your game as support, if they're unable to attend themselves. Additionally (or alternatively), have a look at the next meeting at Pimlico that is appropriate for your level and age (might be the Young Referees meeting, L7-5 meeting or Mastermind) and there will be at least one senior person there who could help you.

Which part of London are you in, and I may be able to offer further names/contacts regionally

Louis

Within the London FA, there is a very good support system, stemming from the top all the way down.
I'd recommend calling one of the RDO's (if you know or get along with one better than the other, call that one) and voice your concerns and/or worries. They will likely attempt to send someone to your game as support, if they're unable to attend themselves. Additionally (or alternatively), have a look at the next meeting at Pimlico that is appropriate for your level and age (might be the Young Referees meeting, L7-5 meeting or Mastermind) and there will be at least one senior person there who could help you.

Which part of London are you in, and I may be able to offer further names/contacts regionally
Thanks for your help I referee in the SW13 area usually noting bad happens in my games so it was a bit of a shock with something did happen. This was really useful to read. I'm sure next time I will be a lot better equipped to deal with the situation.

Back