A&H

Mass Confrontations

Not one of my own, but one that one of our local mentors brought up during an RA Meeting on Mass Confrontation that some might find handy...

The topic that we'd got onto was making sure that we "got" all the people who needed yellow/red cards during a mass confrontation. The tip that he used was that he always has a pen (not pencil) in his pocket, and notes down player numbers on the back of his hand, so as to not have to take his eyesight off the situation as it unfolds.

Thought it was quite clever myself, which is not something said often about referees ;)

The Referee Store
Not one of my own, but one that one of our local mentors brought up during an RA Meeting on Mass Confrontation that some might find handy...

The topic that we'd got onto was making sure that we "got" all the people who needed yellow/red cards during a mass confrontation. The tip that he used was that he always has a pen (not pencil) in his pocket, and notes down player numbers on the back of his hand, so as to not have to take his eyesight off the situation as it unfolds.

Thought it was quite clever myself, which is not something said often about referees ;)
Typical Wendies fan, easy to impress ;)

Yep, nothing wrong with that. Or people that use a notepad, rather than write-on cards, can just flip to a blank page and scribble down numbers without looking. Same goes for the AR. Don't rely on your memory - there are too many distractions.

You'd be surprised - I don't think there's been a ref that's impressed me yet in the time I've been going ;)

Despite being from Oxfordshire, I had the privilege to be coached by the great Peter Jackson from S&HFA Adam, sadly I believe he's no longer with us, he was as blunt as stone yet sharp as a razor at the same time, great man.

Back