A&H

Match fees - PL to GR

Craig Evans

Level 7 Referee
Out of interest; does anybody know the match fees for the following levels?

Middle & Line

Level 1 - Premier League
Level 2 - Championship
Level 3 - League 1
Level 4 - League 2
Level 5 - BS Premier
Level 6 - BS North/South
Level 7 - Northern, Southern & Ishmian Leagues
Level 8 - 'Supply Leagues'

The Referee Store
I know select group refs can earn up to £80,000 a season but they do get 30,000 base pay so I'm not sure of match fees

A couple of seasons ago I spoke with Andy Haliday, a select group AR and he said his match fee was in the region if £750.

SG refs are £60-80k p/y + match fees & expenses.
PL line is, as said above, £750
FL middle is £350/375 (can't remember)
FL line is £175
FL 4th is £100 (all FL fees exclusive of meal allowance & expenses which get added on to above fee)
No idea about Conf Prem, North or South.
Contrib (Isthmian etc) is £45 in middle & £30 on line (+ 34p per mile)
Supply varies throughout country - mine is £30 middle, £25 line and 32p per mile

Wouldn't mind being a select group referee in which case - that wasn't mentioned at my school careers fair!

I was asked by our careers advisor at school what I wanted to be when I grew up, I replied "a referee" and she looked at me in disgust (this was about 6 weeks ago)

I was asked by our careers advisor at school what I wanted to be when I grew up, I replied "a referee" and she looked at me in disgust (this was about 6 weeks ago)

People at my school who know I'm a referee ask me if I want to be a referee when I'm older, I tell them I am a referee so they say 'I mean a proper referee' so I say 'I am a proper referee'!

Back