A&H

Match Length

maidenmullet

Hello,

I would like a refresher on the lengths of a game for each age group as I am unsure of how long/short they are in terms of each half.

Many thanks

A&H International
I've attached a screenshot but to simplify:

U11 & u12 - 2 x 30min
U13 & u14 - 2 x 35min
U15 & u16 - 2 x 40min
U17 & u18 - 2 x 45min

This is UK match lengths. Academies are allowed to work outside of this so it's always worth checking when you get there as they will often want something different.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220302-193705_Office.jpg
    Screenshot_20220302-193705_Office.jpg
    880.6 KB · Views: 16
I've attached a screenshot but to simplify:

U11 & u12 - 2 x 30min
U13 & u14 - 2 x 35min
U15 & u16 - 2 x 40min
U17 & u18 - 2 x 45min

This is UK match lengths. Academies are allowed to work outside of this so it's always worth checking when you get there as they will often want something different.
Thank you very much for this, it is much appreciated and has eased my worries!
Cheers!

if your not sure then check with the managers before the game.

Or get a copy of the league/cup rules.

Had a game this weekend where one team disputed rolling subs, and the other said they were in play. Guess which team didn't have subs. Safer to just have it on hand.

(Also a few months ago, had an U14 manager dispute the size of the ball, he was wrong.)

I looked it up (I've got covid so got plenty of time on my hands!) 3% of my matches have been youth football. I have to check everytime. I also confirm it with the managers when I get to the game just to be sure.
Ah, thank you for biding your time to answer my query, hope that you are alright though and get back right to it. I should have my first match in a couple weeks, so I think this would be a question that I shall be asking just in case!

Ah, thank you for biding your time to answer my query, hope that you are alright though and get back right to it. I should have my first match in a couple weeks, so I think this would be a question that I shall be asking just in case!
Before match day #1, check the league rules (available online in most cases)
You need to know before you travel to the game.
Enjoy!

Back