A&H

Matildas vs Sweden

Peter Grove

RefChat Addict
Can anyone tell me why Sam Kerr's "goal" in the first half was ruled out? Even after watching multiple replays, I can't spot an infringement.

The referee seemed to be trying to indicate something, with a sort of downward pointing motion with one finger, but I've no idea what that was supposed to mean.

The Referee Store
I guess I should have Googled this before posting. I was looking mainly for any infringement by Kerr herself but I see multiple Australian news outlets reporting that it was for impeding by Emily van Egmond. I have to say I noticed a couple of Australian players in the middle of the box and looked for any signs of an offence by them as well but still didn't see anything worthy of calling.

It's a little frustrating that the IOC broadcasts have not been making many angles available

I guess I should have Googled this before posting. I was looking mainly for any infringement by Kerr herself but I see multiple Australian news outlets reporting that it was for impeding by Emily van Egmond. I have to say I noticed a couple of Australian players in the middle of the box and looked for any signs of an offence by them as well but still didn't see anything worthy of calling.
As said in other threads, refereeing standards in this tournament has not been the best, especially in the women's games. It's been a common theme all tournament for referees looking for fouls that weren't there or at best you could call them very soft fouls.

Back