A&H

Merseyside Derby

The Referee Store
Certainly not for the arm contact, so you are looking at whether the defender's right foot tripped the attacker's left foot. For me it is inconclusive from that angle, and looked even more unclear from others, and given that there is no way VAR could have said it was a clear and obvious error.

Not suggesting it should have been over turned, asking if people thought it was a penalty.

Not having thats a genuine attempt to play the ball either.

Not suggesting it should have been over turned, asking if people thought it was a penalty.

Not having thats a genuine attempt to play the ball either.

That surely depends on what you are giving it for. If a push then I would agree, but if for the potential foot contact then I think you'd be hard pushed to say that wasn't a genuine attempt.

That surely depends on what you are giving it for. If a push then I would agree, but if for the potential foot contact then I think you'd be hard pushed to say that wasn't a genuine attempt.

Dont think there is a penalty for a push, Van Dijk quite clearly stands on Calvert Lewins left foot as he goes to shoot.

100% penalty, i could "possibly" wave away the red as a half genuine attempt to win the ball.

Nobody talking about Robertson deliberately elbowing a grounded player in the back of the head? Retrospective punishment? (I doubt it)

Dont think there is a penalty for a push, Van Dijk quite clearly stands on Calvert Lewins left foot as he goes to shoot.

100% penalty, i could "possibly" wave away the red as a half genuine attempt to win the ball.
Not the way I see it, it's not quite clear enough but I don't think VVD does stand on his foot

Not giving that.

If I had VAR, I would appreciate them getting me to the monitor to look at the foot contact, which would give me a hell of a decision to make. I think I wouldn't have seen the foot contact real time and would be going off the 'push'.

Having said that, I don't know if the foot contact is enough for me to swing to 'penalty'.

I don't think he stands on his foot, but I do think it's a shove in the back, it's not shoulder to shoulder, and I think it's easy to justify a penalty here.

However, I want to have VVD's babies and I'll settle for play on and the 5-2 win!

Back