A&H

Most Annoying Thing......

fatmikey

Level 6 Referee
What annoys me most when I turn up to referee a game and there is no corner flags. This seems to be especially prevalent on 3g pitches. I have even had it at U15 pro youth matches at an SPFL club's training facility. I've never stopped a game going ahead because of it though, common sense and the need for the £40 fee usually prevail lol. So Fellow refs what annoys you .....

The Referee Store
A whole range of things. One thing recently is rubbish match balls. Ones that look like they've got one pump of air in them, then when asking for it to be pumped up a massive benny hill style run around trying to find a pump.

Shirts not having numbers on.

Teams not being ready for kick off. Like they've been there warming up for forty minutes, yet aren't ready for the toss and kick off.

Late starts and complaints about the match ball.

Classic moan last Sunday - "Ref the balls no good, its blowing about in the wind"

Me "That's the wind, not the ball"!!!!!!!!

Late starts and complaints about the match ball.

Classic moan last Sunday - "Ref the balls no good, its blowing about in the wind"

Me "That's the wind, not the ball"!!!!!!!!

Had a good one the other week, keeper moans the ball feels a bit soft. So rolling my eyes I go and check, the ball has a gash about 3 inches down it and clearly all the air has come out of it as he'd just got it out of a ditch. I mean theres a ball feeling a bit spongy and theres basically a burst ball!

Although I do hate it when a goalie takes a goal kick and immediately someone will shout "Its gone, you can hear it. Change the ball ref. Do your job".

Number 7, how long to go ref, 3 mins
Number 5 ref how long to go, 3 mins
Number 11 ref how long to go ref, as i just said 3 mins
Number 3 ref how long to go ref, 5 mins ............ You just said it was 3 mins......... Then why are you asking!!

Every single game without fail

Parents at kids games. Most of them are fine but theres always the odd one that has nae a clue. That said there is nothing better when a kid on the pitch is telling his mum or dad to shut up.

Back