A&H

My First Assessment.

Mick.

RefChat Addict
Well I got my first assessment back from a couple of weeks ago and I have to say I was really pleased. What did surprise me, after reading posts on here, was that my score was included. See what you think.

1. Application of Law:

Your application of the laws of the game was good and consistent throughout the game.

Your decision making was also good, you picked up a foul throw in the 63rd.minute and did well to spot fouls in the 38th and 61st minutes.

2. Match Control:

You were smart, looked the part and were confident and fit which gave you a good first impression.

The match was played in good spirit with both teams trying to play football, this was helped by your efforts to keep the game going and only whistling when absolutely necessary.

This approach was appreciated by the players and provided an entertaining game.

In the 13th minute there was a clear offside but you played a good advantage to keep play going.

The Stripes 17 committed a nasty foul in the 30th minute and you quite rightly spoke to him instead of cautioning him and I believe that was the correct decision.

The only caution was for the Stripes 8 in the 55th minute for stopping a free kick being taken and this was correct.

You quite correctly spoke to the Blue 5 when he was getting more verbally aggressive mainly towards his own team.

3. Positioning, Fitness and Work Rate:

Your positioning was generally good and you took up good viewing positions.

There were a couple of breakaways when players came in to one to one situations with the goalkeeper and you were some distance away.

It always helps to be as close as possible in these situations in case you have to make a big decision.

Your fitness and work rate were good and you moved around the pitch very well.

4. Alertness & Awareness, Including management of stoppages:

You were always alert and aware and all stoppages were handled correctly. You clearly paced out 10 yards for free kicks and the 3 substitutions all came on at the half way line.

5. Communication:

You communicated well with the players starting before the game checking studs and speaking to both teams.

You tried to explain decisions during the game and you used your voice when needed.

6. Teamwork:

During the second half you did miss the one club linesman 3 times when he flagged for offside in the 56th, 72nd and 84th minutes.

In the 72nd minute the linesman flagged for offside and after several moves a goal was scored but to his credit the lineman maintained his position and you were able to award a free kick.

I think the only reason you missed these flags were because you running down the centre of the pitch and following the ball, perhaps a wider position would allow you to keep the linesman in view better.

7. Advantage:

You were always looking to play advantage to keep the game going and it worked well in this game.

Section

Strengths

Section

Development areas

You looked smart, fit and confident.

Your decision making was good and you kept the going well.

Follow all breakaways through to the area.

Keep the linesmen in view with wider positions.

The only question is........what score did I get?

The Referee Store
This is not the best written assessments I've seen. It makes little reference to the competencies provided by The FA against which referees are supposed to be assessed. Application of Law makes up a significant proportion of your marks and to only devote 2 lines to it, is not good. It does however provide some times and incidents which occurred during the game. Impossible to guess but if it's from 7-6, then you're probably done enough to get promoted.

This is not the best written assessments I've seen. It makes little reference to the competencies provided by The FA against which referees are supposed to be assessed. Application of Law makes up a significant proportion of your marks and to only devote 2 lines to it, is not good. It does however provide some times and incidents which occurred during the game. Impossible to guess but if it's from 7-6, then you're probably done enough to get promoted.
I must say, I thought exactly the same when I read the assessment.
This is a very poorly written assessment which could quite realistically be sent for moderation. Much of what was written (especially in MC) wasn't relevant to that competency. In addition, like Brian says, for AOL to only have 2 lines is pretty poor.

Despite all that, it comes across to me like a good mark (although I do reckon anyone guessing will guess lower than the actual mark received).

Good luck with the rest of your assessments :)

Back