A&H

My first taste of aggressive verbal abuse!

• Thread starter Deleted member 3014
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Praise the lord you weren’t the referee then and I actually had a human in the middle.

Anyway appreciate your response because my initial reaction was to bite but as I need to learn, t.wats will always be t.wats
I have been away from this forum for a long time and recently returned.
I have to say, MIB reading this and other posts of yours on other threads, I am not wholly convinced you are not a troll.

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Praise the lord you weren’t the referee then and I actually had a human in the middle.

Anyway appreciate your response because my initial reaction was to bite but as I need to learn, t.wats will always be t.wats

Oh am human and I expect my fellow officials to retain dignity and maintain the standards expected of a match official.
Anybody who even a shread of doubt as to their ability to keep a cool head is unwelcome on any pitch near me.
Lower yourself to the street garbage mentality and thats what you become, a lout.

The chances of us every officiating on the same game are also less than zero, your posts so far in your short career are imo invented to provoke a reaction, at a guess I would say your trying to get material for a social media project, or even an association plant trying to get reactions that might prove detrimental to someones progression.

Am guessing the OP is designed to confirm that an AR would expect to be relieved of duties if this happened, and then the OP can somehow feel good knowing they should have been sent packing but in some other universe a fellow official found no issue with such conduct.

Yep I’m a troll with an ulterior motive, never refereed a game in my life.

You’ve found me out so I’ll take myself off this forum in due course I’ll pm the powers that be.

I’ll then move on and troll another forum, what shall I go for next how about netmums it probably won’t be a lot different to this board.

Please stay. As invented as your stories are, they actually provide good material for what to do in the extremely unlikely event that such things did happen in a real game with real people.

How about some people on here stop with the personal attacks?

Let's be honest - he's quite clearly had a Weston with a couple of his decisions. No shame in that, it happens. MIB has said he isn't proud of his reaction and quite clearly wishes he could have kept his head.

Was I a good referee when I started? Let me put it this way I stopped my watch every single time it went out of play. I'd rather have given 1 solitary offside from a goal kick when I started than that.

Yes, MIB should have been removed of his duties and person in question should have also been removed. He's learned his lesson, no need to cross the line.

He's not as bad as that Kenyan fella we had that time anyway:D

I'm not entirely convinced being a referee is for you. Nor am I convinced that being on the internet is either.

It's not normal to react to verbal abuse with violence, in any situation. Stop trying to justify it.

I'm not entirely convinced being a referee is for you. Nor am I convinced that being on the internet is either.

It's not normal to react to verbal abuse with violence, in any situation. Stop trying to justify it.

I responded verbally not with Violence, but I may Aswell of cracked him with the response I’ve had on here.

Nothing personal going on from me. Am just responding on a public referee forum to my honest take on what I read and have read from said poster. 20 games in and each post is more far fetched and reactionary than the last.
In 20 years of officiating at all levels I have never come across the issues this person has had in 20 games.
On that basis, and not on the basis on that person as a human, I have no qualms in admitting my instincts tell me something is very much amiss.

MIB is a human who apparently reacted at being shouted at by a local lunatic. He admitted he retaliated and shouted some abuse back. Park pitches around my area can sometimes be cauldrons of fire with local lunatics and psychopath parents. He won't be the first ref that I've seen that's felt threatened or similar and reacted.

Why can't we just say you had an emotional outburst and you shouldn't have done, and don't do it again. Or do it again at your own peril. What's with all the condescending posts like "I'm not entirely sure being a referee is for you".

Nothing personal going on from me. Am just responding on a public referee forum to my honest take on what I read and have read from said poster. 20 games in and each post is more far fetched and reactionary than the last.
In 20 years of officiating at all levels I have never come across the issues this person has had in 20 games.
On that basis, and not on the basis on that person as a human, I have no qualms in admitting my instincts tell me something is very much amiss.

Now you really have started to worry me I’m actually living this life, Jesus I set out to be a referee not play a lead role in a comedy sketch.

MIB is a human who apparently reacted at being shouted at by a local lunatic. He admitted he retaliated and shouted some abuse back. Park pitches around my area can sometimes be cauldrons of fire with local lunatics and psychopath parents. He won't be the first ref that I've seen that's felt threatened or similar and reacted.

Why can't we just say you had an emotional outburst and you shouldn't have done, and don't do it again. Or do it again at your own peril. What's with all the condescending posts like "I'm not entirely sure being a referee is for you".

Because in the make up of a referee is the attribute to maintain dignity and be able to keep a calm head when everyone else is losing theres
Should a lifeguard throw a drowning baby back into the water if it spews up as he saves it? if so, maybe being a lifeguard is not his best choice of career....

If a CAR reacted in this way....you would take his flag away, get rid of them and submit a report.

Why should a NAR, who arguably can be held to a higher standard than a CAR, be treated any differently?

Because in the make up of a referee is the attribute to maintain dignity and be able to keep a calm head when everyone else is losing theres
Should a lifeguard throw a drowning baby back into the water if it spews up as he saves it? if so, maybe being a lifeguard is not his best choice of career....

In an ideal world, yes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back