A&H

NAP v JUV - Ronaldo Red

The Referee Store
Nobody should need the safety net of VAR for that one, its a routine keeper takes down striker decision, minimal, or some, or lots of, contact, totally irrelevant.

My point of interest was procedure wise on this one ( I watched it live), ref, (correctly as it turns out) shows gk red, then VAR reviews it, before ref says to keeper, yes, your off, maybe (to save having to rescind the red) there is a way of stopping play, then waiting for the confirmation before issuing the red??

Nobody should need the safety net of VAR for that one, its a routine keeper takes down striker decision, minimal, or some, or lots of, contact, totally irrelevant.

My point of interest was procedure wise on this one ( I watched it live), ref, (correctly as it turns out) shows gk red, then VAR reviews it, before ref says to keeper, yes, your off, maybe (to save having to rescind the red) there is a way of stopping play, then waiting for the confirmation before issuing the red??
No. That would make it look like the red is on the advice of VAR. Public should know what the original ref decision was and if he changed it after review.

No. That would make it look like the red is on the advice of VAR. Public should know what the original ref decision was and if he changed it after review.

Then as we had a few weeks ago, should we have a standardised "resinding of red card" signal??
I actually liked how the ref dealt with it, but, that's not my concern.

For me unofficial singnal is fine but I don't mind if there was an official one.
There are other things a referee is required to do but there is no official signal for. Giving permission for substitution, entering or leaving the the FOP comes to mind now.

Back