A&H

New futsal referee - promotion system

davidmt

Hi everyone!

I'm a referee moving from abroad, and I will continue to referee football and futsal. I have some questions regarding futsal, since there is less information available...

- For a referee, does it have the same promotion system as football? And levels?
- Does the season have the same length as football? Starting/ending dates?
- Does anyone have experience refereeing both simultaneously in the UK? How do you manage?
- Do you referee teams or schools, mostly?

Any other tips will be welcomed! I will be in South Yorkshire, by the way.

Thanks!

The Referee Store
Hi everyone!

I'm a referee moving from abroad, and I will continue to referee football and futsal. I have some questions regarding futsal, since there is less information available...

- For a referee, does it have the same promotion system as football? And levels?
- Does the season have the same length as football? Starting/ending dates?
- Does anyone have experience refereeing both simultaneously in the UK? How do you manage?
- Do you referee teams or schools, mostly?

Any other tips will be welcomed! I will be in South Yorkshire, by the way.

Thanks!
I have never refereed futsal but I can tell you it isn't the same levels in terms of promotion. That's all I know. You could email your RDO (Refereeing Development Officer) at your new County FA if you want more information, as I'm sure they will either know or will be able to tell you who to contact if they don't.

RDO for Futsal is marc.birkett@fafutsalreferees.com

South Yorkshire good location as the training events are usually in Derby, and plenty of uni teams about.
Futsal levels are different. There's only 4.
You may be able to get placed above level 4 if you've reached a higher level abroad.

In practice there's a lack of referees so you may get games above your level anyway.

Very few schools play futsal, and if they do it'll be more like 5 a side.

There aren't many local leagues in the country. There are two National Leagues (futsal league and futsal series) with multiple tiers, and the BUCs (University league)

RDO for Futsal is marc.birkett@fafutsalreferees.com

South Yorkshire good location as the training events are usually in Derby, and plenty of uni teams about.
Futsal levels are different. There's only 4.
You may be able to get placed above level 4 if you've reached a higher level abroad.

In practice there's a lack of referees so you may get games above your level anyway.

Very few schools play futsal, and if they do it'll be more like 5 a side.

There aren't many local leagues in the country. There are two National Leagues (futsal league and futsal series) with multiple tiers, and the BUCs (University league)
Thank you, that's very useful!

Thank you, that's very useful!
And do post here. As you can see from the thread count here there are not too many futsal referees here but at least there’s myself and one other (see what I did there);)

Our futsal season is just ending (different country;)). I had a special season, in a training group, five video reviews so learned absolutely loads. On Sunday last match of the season will be the national over45 final (not a big one, but at least there will be a winner!)

And do post here. As you can see from the thread count here there are not too many futsal referees here but at least there’s myself and one other (see what I did there);)

Our futsal season is just ending (different country;)). I had a special season, in a training group, five video reviews so learned absolutely loads. On Sunday last match of the season will be the national over45 final (not a big one, but at least there will be a winner!)
Haha I hope you enjoyed the game! Is there anywhere I can check the teams/schedule of these games? Or even if I'm lucky any youtube link to them?

Haha I hope you enjoyed the game! Is there anywhere I can check the teams/schedule of these games? Or even if I'm lucky any youtube link to them?
I do our womens prem futsal and they are all on a pay TV channel. The old age final from Sunday not. Not a spectator sport!

Tonight though I am about to see real live international futsal!

Wow - Finland-Holland in Helsinki. Finland equalized with 1 second remaining. Went to penalties.

Spanish refs. One big call, 6th foul, where one cut the grass and the other gave it. And there was a vicious off the ball hand straight arm to the face missed. Quite eccentric ref who was kinda dancing onto the playing area - a lot! Good night out;)

Back