A&H

New Ref - First situation*Resolved*

simk6

Level 7 Referee
Morning,

New ref, learning every day, and was faced with a situation at an amateur's match recently. The team went to make a sub but had the wrong shirt number on and did not have a shirt with the no. that matched my team lines. I did not let the sub happen, was this the right decision?

The Referee Store
Yes, it's the coaches fault for not properly recording the team sheet (at least that's my opinion I don't know much as I'm a new ref as well, but I would guess this)

As I said, I'm not really experienced so I'm a bit unsure, but either way it would be alright. Just as long as you inform the coach of the importance and they respond showing they understand I don't think you would be obligated to

So long as the substitute was named then he should have been allowed to play.
Allocated numbers and team sheet completion/accuracy is a matter for the competition rules and so should be reported afterwards.

The only basis in law not to allow a substitute, administratively, would be where they were not named prior to kick off.

Allocated numbers and team sheet completion/accuracy is a matter for the competition rules and so should be reported afterwards.

The only basis in law not to allow a substitute, administratively, would be where they were not named prior to kick off.
Thank you.

Oh, I didn't know that I would've done the same, I've learnt something as well I guess thanks

Back