A&H

New season incoming

SM

The avuncular one
Anyone had their first appointments yet? League fixtures have appeared

The Referee Store
My County appointed me as an assistant referee on a Football League Youth Alliance game that was meant to take place in the 9th August.

However I found out yesterday that it had been postponed to next year, and thus, the match officials' taken off.

I'm also an assistant referee on a Supply League and I'm itching for their appointments to be released! :D

Reactions: SM
Ive got my first OA appointment for the start of september - absolutely bricking it bearing in mind my highest age group Ive done so far is U13! :p

Our fixtures aren't even out yet, was on the line for a friendly last night, nice way to get going!!

Going for 7-6 this year so Saturday/Sunday. Got my first fixtures yesterday - 3 county senior league lines and an U21 middle for August. Picked up an U21 line as well. Carrying 3 OA fixtures from last year so hopefully plenty more middles on Sundays to get up to my 20 before February!

First mid week games have come through. And first game - it's a Friday night bottom divison game! Lol

When I was looking at the fixtures hoping for great opening games... :D

Doesn't matter. No referee is too good for any fixture allocated. Or as someone once told me, if you think your too good a referee for a game, you have no excuse for a poor performance and you better prove yourself right when your on that pitch! Else shut the fluff up!

I'll put my hands up and admit to not knowing much about the Welsh leagues. Is your game part of the national system or local league?
The only team over there I vaguely keep an eye on is Airbus. Managed by former Worcester City player and manager and neighbour of mine, Andy Preece. Oh and he played for Crystal Palace too.

Are they not welsh prem?

Wales bears no semblance to the English system. Local leagues do not transfer to the English system in any way. The divisions locally, In the same league, are so different to each other in terms of level of ability it is crazy.

This would be a bottom division local league game. Really the bottom of the pile. As I said, a good reminder. No referee is too good for any game. No matter what division or league. Promotion season for me again, get my head straight, focus on what is in Front of me and be a better referee than I was last season :D

It's not entirely like that across Wales, in bigger areas like Newport and Cardiff you have many more teams that allow for a large number of leagues. Here in Pembrokeshire is different purely because of the lack of populace across the county, hence why it's such a huge different in standards from Div 1 to Div 5, to be fair I finding it testing as for instance my first game is a Div Four game and my second is Div Two which no doubt will be fairly different. Got three lines and two middles so far. Hoping to get a few more middles in Sept before I leave for Germany.

My second game is division 2 and should be a good game with one of the top teams last season and divisional cup winners playing on probably the best surface in the county. Also picked up a WL youth line for September.

Is there any refereeing for you whilst out in Germany?

Hopefully, will be getting in touch with my new rep soon, will have a couple of Army games as a minimum but would be happy to go into the German system. But having said that I might also be very happy getting my handicap down on the golf course.

I'll put my hands up and admit to not knowing much about the Welsh leagues. Is your game part of the national system or local league?
The only team over there I vaguely keep an eye on is Airbus. Managed by former Worcester City player and manager and neighbour of mine, Andy Preece. Oh and he played for Crystal Palace too.
That's where he is now! I remember he always used to bring himself on when we were losing and...... Make us lose even more! I saw him playing 5 a side on sky TV a couple of years ago for Carlisle.- bit of a tangent!

Done a County league game in the middle on sat 9th and FA cup ex prelim on sat 16th
Tomorrow a middle on MCFL Premier and the same coming up on the 23rd

Back