A&H

New to this website

Liam Earley

Hi everyone,
I’m new to this website and I’m looking to become a junior referee when the courses open up again and there are opportunities to train to be a referee. I was wondering if there are any resources which could help me familiarise myself with all the rules of the game and I’m also wondering if anyone keeps a weekly fitness routine to help them prepare themselves fitness wise for any upcoming games.
Stay safe everyone

The Referee Store
Welcome to the community, Liam. TheFA.com website has the Laws of the Game, and some resources to assist you. If you are looking at quizzes on the laws on the Internet, please ensure that you use up-to-date British sites, if you are UK-based, as the interpretation of the laws varies in some countries, as does the terminology. As you will see on another current stream on this site, the course is being revised currently - County FA's will advise applicants of the way forward once the current restrictions are lifted or relaxed.
I will leave others to advise about fitness regimes(!!), but again there is training advice for new officials on the FA's site.
Enjoy your refereeing.

Hi, thanks for your advice I haven’t done any quizzes online yet but I have been doing a little bit of research. I am UK based so I’ll make sure I can find the laws of the game in the UK.

Hi, thanks for your advice I haven’t done any quizzes online yet but I have been doing a little bit of research. I am UK based so I’ll make sure I can find the laws of the game in the UK.
Just to clarify there is only one Laws of the Game - that is worldwide. What the poster above meant was that for quizzes make sure that they are

a) UK Based and most importantly
b) Based on 20/21 laws

I have a 'You Are The Ref Book' which I've found has several 'incorrect' answers and that was only published in 2018.

Also some quizzes are not 100% accurate, so if you come across an answer that appears incorrect, do come on here and plenty will 'advise' :p ;)

Quiz: areferee.com ...but as said, be aware that some answers may not be aligned with 2021. If you choose e.g. 20 questions it's a great way to research and reference the law book and get to know laws 11 and 12 especially ;) Good luck!

Hi everyone,
I’m new to this website and I’m looking to become a junior referee when the courses open up again and there are opportunities to train to be a referee. I was wondering if there are any resources which could help me familiarise myself with all the rules of the game and I’m also wondering if anyone keeps a weekly fitness routine to help them prepare themselves fitness wise for any upcoming games.
Stay safe everyone
Just 'stick around' the forum Liam. The squabbles over VAR involvement often give good insight into the complexity of the Law and the differing views and interpretations
Also have a go at these Quizzes which are posted weekly

Back