A&H

One Sided Game

Matthew

RefChat Addict
Had one of the most one sided games I've seen for a long time yesterday.

U16 game on a carpet of a pitch, the away side were just so much better than the home side, so much so that they won 0-13 (it could've been twenty in all honesty). I just felt sorry for them by the end.

So difficult to keep concentration in games like that, literally nothing happened; very few free kicks, no difficult decisions of any kind. The home striker actually gave up and went home half way through the second half.

I know we all hate the awful games, but this type of game is just as bad. :(

The Referee Store
Could be worse mate. At least it didn't descend into a niggly,argument, card fest. :)

Ref at my son's game ended the second half three minutes early as it was becoming very wet and very one-sided, I'm guessing. Tho he may have had time keeping probs

Ref at my son's game ended the second half three minutes early as it was becoming very wet and very one-sided, I'm guessing. Tho he may have had time keeping probs

I've certainly left the watch running during substitutions etc when a shoreline is getting out of hand and blown up a little early. No one enjoys games like that. Especially youth level, even the teams winning try and keep the score down in my experience as it's awful seeing a bunch of kids get smashed.

I hate it when a shoreline gets out of hand. ;)

If it's a league game, you need to play the full time as much as one team don't want it. It's unlikely, but imagine the result of the league comes down to goal difference....

I absolutely hate refereeing the classic 20-0 mismatch cup thumpings! Especially at U13 level where the thumpee team is experiencing it for the first time: the bawling at each other, the silence in front as you walk back to the changing rooms...for me it is awful to see and I'd rather a game with two overcompetitive teams full of dissent with a respectable scoreline.

I'd rather have a competitive game where the players show the necessary respect to each other and everyone involved. Hard, fast and fair. :)

I honestly do believe if a team is winning by 9+ goals, there should be an option given for the game to be stopped to save embarrassment for the losing team. Especially at junior level. When playing in goal for my team (u15's at the time) we lost 26-0 in a cup match, we were up against a side that were all 16 and 6 foot tall, all of them playing for the local academy side and one even represented Wales. Funnily enough, I got Man of The Match.

I'd rather have a competitive game where the players show the necessary respect to each other and everyone involved. Hard, fast and fair. :)
Obviously that would be ideal. Just comparing the lesser of the hypothetical two evils

Back