A&H

Only in football?

Ciley Myrus

RefChat Addict
I think it was Strachen that said someone could f*** your mother and as long as they scored the winner next weekend you would forgive them
Yesterdays Celtic developments saw Rodgers leave for Leicester, and for Lennon to step back in at Celtic, 2 weeks? after being dismissed for Gross Misconduct at Hibs, (oh and after a spell on the mics for BBC radio over the weekend)
Lennon was "( i best put, allegedly) sacked for, calling his CEO, (who is openly gay) "a f-ing d***"

How on earth can any campaign, Respect, Kick it Out, whatever have a chance of working then clubs reward the guilty with more money, at a bigger club !!!!

The Referee Store
You not happy wi' all that then Ciley? :D

Am not caring who is the manager of anyone, but, more, why
How can you be sacked at one place then given a 10 times better paid and bigger job 2 weeks later?

(and by sacked, i dont mean cos a few results went wrong, I mean, for actual gross misconduct)

if your a store manager for Aldis and you screamed that at the CEO (if she was a women) you would be sacked
I very much doubt Waitrose would head hunt you and start you 2 weeks later on 10 times the salary (esp if their CEO was a women too) (not that the women part makes it diff, but, just for the sake of the comparison)

I suppose it's no different to any other manager mate.

Look at Allardyce when in charge of England. ...

Look at the payout he got, even after being sacked for "misconduct".

Indeed, but Allardyce might well have been morally wrong, Lennon will field a team next season with say, the rainbow shoelaces on, yet he will stand at the side of the park after being dismissed for, what effectively is a hate crime.

Indeed, but Allardyce might well have been morally wrong, Lennon will field a team next season with say, the rainbow shoelaces on, yet he will stand at the side of the park after being dismissed for, what effectively is a hate crime.

I get your point, but calling it a "hate crime" is over the top IMO.

Just saying like ... :)

Sky Sports didn't take long to reinstate Richard Keys - even after his sexist comments. ;)

Not so for Andy Gray though (who I liked immensely). :(

Sky Sports didn't take long to reinstate Richard Keys - even after his sexist comments. ;)

Not so for Andy Gray though (who I liked immensely). :(
That was a big loss for Sky Sports. They were an iconic team during the Premier League's early years. I work in a television environment and everyone knows you have to be careful what you say in certain rooms at all times

but seriously yes, they 2 played a huge part in making the Premiership what it was (when it was truly the most exciting, if not the best, league in the world )

Neville is excellent. his analysis is spot on and of course he has great experience to fall back on
Grays' quality was making an ok game sound great, genuine enthusiasm and like a kid in a sweetie shop when a great goal/save came along

No matter if they are hurty or not, they are simply not acceptable in the working environment.
Go scream them at your female superior at work and come back to us with the result.....
He is the female superior other than his "her indoors"......

And now Allardyce is going to be on the celebrity Apprentice for Comic Relief. If I was a gambling man, I'd put money on his team winning - after all, he knows how to put together a deal or two...

Reactions: Kes
Was Allerdyce actually guilty of anything though, other than by opinion, not acting in the proper manner for a national manager?
what was his actual offence?
Plus, the official line was, mutual consent...so, not sacked

Was Allerdyce actually guilty of anything though, other than by opinion, not acting in the proper manner for a national manager?
what was his actual offence?
Plus, the official line was, mutual consent...so, not sacked
His brand of football was offensive enough for me

Back