A&H

Opening day - Assault team

HertsFinest

Next Weeks Ref
Just had a look at the opening week fixtures on my Saturday league and I'm at the ground where i was assaulted last year and the FA have taken down their suspension list so iIcan't see if this vermin is still suspended or not.

I'm not sure what to make of it as this match last year made me very close to stopping reffing completely but on the other hand I've always been a "take what you're given" kind of guy.

Not sure whether to crack on and hope for the best (and hope this guy isn't playing) or to request a change of fixture (which i generally don't do)

Any words of advice would be good

The Referee Store
@HertsFinest - crack on mate - don't let the buggers get you down - give them your best game you can ... never a good thing to be assaulted - BUT - if it happens and you can come through it - it can only make you stronger

[ I think you can type in / search for individual club & player names on the County website ... even if they were still suspended they could still be there anyway :( ]

Thanks alex
I've had a look and its returning no results for anybody, even players that iIknow are banned.

Will see how it goes. Would be nice to think the club got rid of him but doubt it muchly.

you could always speak to your RDO and find out?

or go tooled up! got any pals or refs that aren't/cant referee that day to come with?

I have no doubt youll be fine

Simple question - Can you handle it?

Ask yourself that and answer honestly. Then you'll know what to do. On the odd occasion I've returned to the scene as it were I've found it to be nowhere as bad as I worried it might be.

Speak to Sharpy (he's still HFA RDO, right?) and the league ref sec. Tell them you want to do the game but you'd really appreciate if one of them could come down in a watching capacity just for your own peace of mind!

Speak to Sharpy (he's still HFA RDO, right?) and the league ref sec. Tell them you want to do the game but you'd really appreciate if one of them could come down in a watching capacity just for your own peace of mind!
Sound advice. And as you're in for promotion this season that would be the perfect way to get yourself unofficially 'assessed' before the official ones start ....

I'd say pitch up with a smile on your face and no preconceptions ... and let us know how it goes! :)

Speak to reffing friends and stuff and try get someone to come and be at the game, I do that if I've a game with a team who I'm not overly sure about or teams that tend to cause issues with referees. Always good to have someone there with you to be there for support

Judging by the sarcastic tone of the confirmation voicemail yesterday they certainly remember me.

Shall be an interesting one that's for sure

Back