A&H

Palace v Stoke

HRW

RefChat Addict
Second goal that Palace score ball being taken down the middle, lunge from the left, Kevin Friend signals advantage, play continues one pass into the box, late tacke to player outside the box, advantage played, finally Dwight Gale takes a touch, gets knocked and as he's going down, ball goes into the net - and Kev's arms are raised for advantage, after it hits the net.

Got me thinking, some say never to play advantage in the box, but by delaying his advantage signal until the ball is in the net / missed the goal he has ensured that the advantage has already come about, by the time it is signalled.

On the other hand, had Gale missed, do we assume that the arms would have stayed down and the penalty be given instead?

Would love to know if it was either "waiting for the goal to give the advantage / misses and it's a pen" or if it was "late call and advantage was given regardless of the resulting action" but even though i coul personally ask him, he;d never admit to one or t'other.

So CAN we give advantage in the box (or is just just when the goal has been scored it's get out of jail card).

The Referee Store
I don't really think he did play advantage, rather realised that he could get a bit of extra credit so milked it. Does anyone really think he would had pulled it back for a penalty if Palace hadn't scored? I certainly don't and I doubt many others would.

Any arms outstretched after a the ball crosses the line (Mike Dean holds them for about a week) are nothing more than showing off.
You look a pillock. Either drop the arms after the ball crosses but certainly don't lift them AFTER the ball crosses the line (looks awful).
Personally I'm only playing advantage in the box if the post foul chance is a better opportunity than a pen (so, 80% chance to score) OR the ball is bouncing goalward and I intend to give the pen if it's cleared
Every other time - pen

Did Stoke lose? Must have done because Mark Hughes was blaming the referee for everything again. When they win, it's all him; when they lose, it's never his fault. Has to be found out soon.

More pertinently - was there a case for binning the defender (Shawcross?) for the foul on Gayle in the build-up to the second goal? On firstl look not sure there was anyone who could get there.

Back