A&H

Personal Stats

HRW

RefChat Addict
Just looking at people's Personal Stats in signature blocks and I'm shocked.

Just seen one of 32 games, 19 RC and 14 Misconduct - thats a red every 2 ot of 3 games, and every other game a misconduct. Think it had 82 YC - 2.5 per game whcih I can understand.

Really - are the games people have that bad or am I just far too tolerent?

I don't keep an accurate tally but I'd guesstimate this season at 28 games, about 20 ish YC, 1 RC.

I've had 1 MC in 4 seasons.

I'm in London and do the AFC which I know the clubs involved have to be of a standard or they are removed, and a fair few are FA Charter but still, the cup games with other teams aren't in this group.

The Referee Store
Have a look at mine below :)

@HRW you might as well tag me lol. I've had games where I've given 3 reds, and a few where I've given 2. Had a stage where I had a red every game at one point. Teams wouldnt behave, its been better recently (on the whole) Before yesterday my misconduct count was 5 and I reckon I should probably make a match incident thread explaining the horror story of a game.

@HRW you might as well tag me lol. I've had games where I've given 3 reds, and a few where I've given 2. Had a stage where I had a red every game at one point. Teams wouldnt behave, its been better recently (on the whole) Before yesterday my misconduct count was 5 and I reckon I should probably make a match incident thread explaining the horror story of a game.

**** me, yes you should make a match incidents thread.

I was fine up to Christmas. 14 games, no reds. After Christmas? A different story - 2 games with 4 reds (one of which was abandoned) and one with 5 (all for different things: foul & abusive, DOGSO, VC, tackle and second yellow) kind of ruin the personal 'score' - it all depends on the game. Some are lucky, some are not.

Think you should give us a hint about which age category you're mostly reffing in, I would be shocked to see someone doing only U19 or OA and giving less than 1YC/game while it's totally plausible under 15

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm mainly doing OA games at the moment with a fair few U18 games as well. Considering my age, I reckon its teams thinking they can take the piss and try and mug me off, they reckon the young ref is the easy target apparently :p

Up to last season (and for the previous dozen) I averaged 2.75 cautions per game and 1 dismissal every 5 games. I refereed 90% open age/10% youth and junior. Last season this went to 3 cautions and 1 dismissal every 3 games. This season, with the split 50/50 for open age/youth and juniors the cautions are down to 1 per game but the dismissals are 3 every 5 games. Player behaviour has seriously deteriorated onfield in both areas of football.

Back