A&H

Player kissing marking opponent

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingvino

Well, this isn't football, but why can't it happen in a football game?

What would your punishment be for this player?

I would go with red for OFFINABUS (gestures).

A&H International
Red Card for VC, Misconduct report for interaction with crowd afterwards.

For the initial kiss .... Yellow for adopting an amorous attitude :rolleyes:

Why a red for the kiss? Why a caution?

If the player who reacted didn't react would the referee of had a decision to make?

On a more serious note, I would give a yellow for a kiss like that regardless of the reaction (assuming I saw it). To me it's just another form of goading like pinching, pulling hair etc that has no place in football and is solely done to provoke a reaction from the other player. Almost the very definition of Unsporting Behaviour

Can't see any reason for a red card for a kiss on the cheek. Caution at most as it's just antagonising an opponent. If the other player has a laugh about it you could probably keep it fairly low key, but it was a successful windup.

Here's a question - what if the crotch grab was done with the pants on? Still offensive, or just antagonistic?

I'm with @CapnBloodbeard I couldn't sell a kiss as a red - caution at most. But if the game was good natured and player on the receiving end of said kiss took it as a joke then it would be a warning.
I had two players on opposing teams who knew each other and one kept grabbing the other ones bum at a corner (it was quite funny) - I caught him told him to keep it professional; i believe my words were "i cant go grabbing the arses of the mams on the side line at every throw in - so don't be grabbing his arse" and we had a laugh and he didn't do it again.

Kissing someone without their consent is sexual assault. Assault of any kind is a red card offence. I can't see how you could give anything else

I think it's a stretch to consider a peck on the cheek as sexual assault. Also, it's incorrect to say that assault of any kind is a red card offence - basically, any intentional physical contact could be considered assault, and it's not an automatic red.

Sending someone off for a cheeky peck on the cheek would be incredibly harsh. Now if the recipient fell to the floor, writhing in mock agony holding his face after the kiss... :D

On a more serious note, I would give a yellow for a kiss like that regardless of the reaction (assuming I saw it). To me it's just another form of goading like pinching, pulling hair etc that has no place in football and is solely done to provoke a reaction from the other player. Almost the very definition of Unsporting Behaviour

How about one like this?
BlsJsBuCIAA4vhb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back