george.g

Level 5 Referee
Match #22
Poland v Saudi Arabia
Saturday, 26November 2022
16:00 local time (13:00 GMT)
Doha

Referee: Wilton Sampaio (BRA)

Assistant Referee 1: Bruno Boschilia (BRA)
Assistant Referee 2: Bruno Pires (BRA)
Fourth Official: Kevin Ortega (PER)
Reserve Assistant Referee: Michael Orué (PER)
Video Assistant Referee: Drew Fischer (CAN)
Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Armando Villarreal (USA)
Offside Video Assistant Referee: Nicolás Taran (URU)
Support Video Assistant Referee: Leodán González (URU)
Standby Assistant Video Assistant Referee: Martín Soppi (URU)

The Referee Store
A Brazilian in the middle, a Canadian and American manning the videos and crew from Uruguay manning the offside line. This is going to be fun to watch!

Polish discipline is an issue in this one 20 minutes in. All cautions nailed on but could be a long day

The double/triple whistles in every game have lost their impact and have become an irritation. Whatever happened to a single long blast when necessary? It's like the referees are trying to direct traffic.

Cash is a very lucky boy, can see why the Saudis were soo annoyed! :eek:

The double/triple whistles in every game have lost their impact and have become an irritation. Whatever happened to a single long blast when necessary? It's like the referees are trying to direct traffic.

Cash is a very lucky boy, can see why the Saudis were soo annoyed! :eek:
Definitely annoying! I normally use one long blast when i'm about to card a player. Only time I use multiple whistles is to kill the play when i'm about to punish a player, at the half or to end the game.

As for Cash..I don't think this game is going to end with 22 at the rate this game is going. And Saudi Arabia's assistant just got a yellow!

Definitely annoying! I normally use one long blast when i'm about to card a player. Only time I use multiple whistles is to kill the play when i'm about to punish a player, at the half or to end the game.

As for Cash..I don't think this game is going to end with 22 at the rate this game is going. And Saudi Arabia's assistant just got a yellow!
He had a hissy fit because a foul was not give on the edge of the Saudi area. Obvious advantage on, but failed to realise.

He had a hissy fit because a foul was not give on the edge of the Saudi area. Obvious advantage on, but failed to realise.
Yup! So very true! That was a great PK save by the Polish Keeper. Not sure if it was enough for a pk but i see what it was given.

Penalty call forgivable in real time. Needs the reverse angle to see it for what it was.

It sits a little uncomfortably because he got shot by the football sniper, but it is a foul.

And now the play acting is getting ridiculous

Sadly FIFA and national associations are weak where gamesmanship, playacting and dissent is concerned.

The World Cup would be the perfect platform for football to set an example by taking a zero tolerance stance with this kind of behaviour, but instead they continue to turn a blind eye :wall:

Sadly FIFA and national associations are weak where gamesmanship, playacting and dissent is concerned.

The World Cup would be the perfect platform for football to set an example by taking a zero tolerance stance with this kind of behaviour, but instead they continue to turn a blind eye :wall:
We need to do what Rugby does! Rugby Refs don't tolerate crap and look at the respect they get from everyone!

There's definitely contact, but it certainly didn't make him do a swan dive and throw himself to the ground. Personally I don't think that is a penalty, and I certainly don't think it was a clear and obvious error by the referee.

Back