A&H

poppy

SteveAustinRef

Level 7 Referee
With remembrance day not long away, does anybody know where I can get a poppy to wear on my kit for the weekend.

I looked before but couldn't find anything, as it needs to conform with law in the fact it is not dangerous.

The Referee Store
I've had a look at this as well. The RBL do stick on poppies but it is a poppy on a white sticker with the RBL website address around it. You could get one of those and cut the poppy out. Alternatively get a normal poppy and apply stick on velcro the poppy and your shirt. That's what I think I will do. I suppose it is arguable that a safety pin doesn't breach rule 4 regarding dangerous equipment, but that is not a route I would want to go down. FIFA stopped players wearing any form of poppy a couple of years ago but that was on the basis (without foundation in my view) of slogans etc. Will you be doing a minute's silence before games? If so, at what games or just the ones on Remembrance Sunday and/or 11th Nov.

I will be doing a minutes silence on my matches over the whole weekend of remembrance.

I think I might try the sticker option and cut it out and stick it on at least it will come off again after.

Back