A&H

Junior/Youth Proactiveness asked to stop

Personally I prefer to praise and encourage positive behaviour. Rather than tell players to keep hands down in an aerial challenge, I will praise them for having their eyes on the ball and only the ball during the challenge.
This is also basic psychology. If you say 'don't dive in' (only an example), the brain's subconscious mental state can only process the positive words of the sentence - "dive in". Saying a positive phrase, such as stand up, will again transfer psychologically to the action

The Referee Store
This is also basic psychology. If you say 'don't dive in' (only an example), the brain's subconscious mental state can only process the positive words of the sentence - "dive in". Saying a positive phrase, such as stand up, will again transfer psychologically to the action
I know. I'm not as stupid as I look.

To be honest I don't always go over to players at half time I let managers and people like that do what they gotta do
It just I wanted to ask the question to that player what would you prefer me do be proactive or start giving out warning and finally cautions.

I made myself look a right ***** using preventive refereeing at the weekend! Academy U15s line, 2 players running for the ball on my touchline around the edge of the area, 9/10 if one goes in for a sliding tackle it isn't going to end well so you hear me " on your feet boys" defender decides to slide in and make a bloody good sliding tackle, defender gets up looks at me and laughs, never felt so stupid!

Back