A&H

Promotion letter

adams09

Level 7 Referee
My county FA says that all applications for promotion should be written to the RDO. Anyone who has done this - what should I include in my letter ?

Thanks

The Referee Store
in sussex - just email rdo to say that you want to apply for promotion from level 7 to level 6

they will send me an application form

In Birmingham you are sent out a form automatically but i have noticed they are now charging £25 to submit your application

Coventryref the £25 is returnable if you sucessfully complete the criteia for promotion ie seminar, laws of the game test and 20 games submitted to Assessors. You dont need to be promoted to get the refurnd just complete the required criteria.

Ublades

This is the promotion letter that we were advised to send to our RDO:

Dear (YOUR RDO),

I am writing to you as I would like to apply for promotion from level 7 to 6 during the 2014/15 season.

I am (YOUR AGE) and referee on adult’s football on the (THE LEAGUE YOU REFEREE ON). I also am a member of the Gloucestershire FA YRDP.
Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Yours Sincerely,

(YOUR NAME)

Short and to the point, all it needs to be.

In my County you tick a box to say you want to be promoted, when you register for the new season. There is also a fee to pay but is applied against the following season's registration fee if you fail

This is the promotion letter that we were advised to send to our RDO:

Dear (YOUR RDO),

I am writing to you as I would like to apply for promotion from level 7 to 6 during the 2014/15 season.

I am (YOUR AGE) and referee on adult’s football on the (THE LEAGUE YOU REFEREE ON). I also am a member of the Gloucestershire FA YRDP.
Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Yours Sincerely,

(YOUR NAME)

Short and to the point, all it needs to be.
Why quote your age? Could lead to allegations of age discrimination

Why quote your age? Could lead to allegations of age discrimination

How could it? They are going to know your age anyway if you're going for promotion and regardless of whether there is a youth bias etc, they aren't going to stop you attempting promotion in the first place.

How could it? They are going to know your age anyway if you're going for promotion and regardless of whether there is a youth bias etc, they aren't going to stop you attempting promotion in the first place.
Because by asking you to state your name it could be construed that it forms part of the criteria for promotion. It only takes one young person to get/not get promoted in place of an older person and there could be allegations of favouring one group over the other which can lead to a claim for a breach of the Equality Act 2010.

Perhaps, but in reality they know your age anyway and it's just a little formality in the letter, doesn't really mean anything

Back