A&H

Promotion next season

jordan todd

Level 7 Referee
i am looking to get promoted to level 6 next season, how do i go about this and what are the requirements apart from the 5 assessments?

The Referee Store
Normally only 3 assessments required Jordan - not 5. ;)
You'll need to officiate in at least 20 matches during the promotion season (normally March to March) and attend a county FA organised training session/seminar which will include a Laws Of The Game test.
Check your county FA's Web site for details. :)

Normally only 3 assessments required Jordan - not 5. ;)
You'll need to officiate in at least 20 matches during the promotion season (normally March to March) and attend a county FA organised training session/seminar which will include a Laws Of The Game test.
Check your county FA's Web site for details. :)
http://www.durhamfa.com/referees/promotion
LEVEL 7 – 6
- Referees must have officiated for a minimum of one Season.
- You must be 16 years old or older.
- You must be officiating in 11-a-side football which consists of players 17 years old and older.
- You must officiate a minimum of 20 11-a-side fixtures (this does not include friendly games) from 1st March 2014 to the last -day in February 2015.
- You must have a minimum of 5 assessments.
- You must be prepared to officiate in County Cup fixtures
- You must ensure you close all unavailable dates.

A bit out of date, but is says 5 assessments for 7-6.

LEVEL 7 – 6
- Referees must have officiated for a minimum of one Season.
- You must be 16 years old or older.
- You must be officiating in 11-a-side football which consists of players 17 years old and older.
- You must officiate a minimum of 20 11-a-side fixtures (this does not include friendly games) from 1st March 2014 to the last -day in February 2015.
- You must have a minimum of 5 assessments.
- You must be prepared to officiate in County Cup fixtures
- You must ensure you close all unavailable dates.

A bit out of date, but is says 5 assessments for 7-6.

Like I said, he needs to log onto his County FA and find out what the requirement is. I think the one above is wrong. ;)

Just about every other CFA site that I've looked at says 3 assessments required.

From Somerset FA's site: https://www.somersetfa.com/referees/promotion

Level 7-6

All Level 7 to 6 promotion candidates will be expected to meet the following criteria:

Attend a recognised in-service training seminar.
Successfully complete an examination on the laws of the game.
Receive written assessments from FA registered assessors on a minimum of 3 games.
Referee a minimum of 20 games in competitions over the age of 16 years over (a minimum of 70% must be in open age competitions) in the marking season 1st March 2016-28th February 2017.Respond to all correspondence from CFA and league appointments officers efficiently, preferably by E-Mail.

3 assessments plus club marks. 5 assessments if no reliance on club marks
Like I said, he needs to log onto his County FA and find out what the requirement is. I think the one above is wrong. ;)

From Somerset FA's site: https://www.somersetfa.com/referees/promotion

Level 7-6

All Level 7 to 6 promotion candidates will be expected to meet the following criteria:

Attend a recognised in-service training seminar.
Successfully complete an examination on the laws of the game.
Receive written assessments from FA registered assessors on a minimum of 3 games.
Referee a minimum of 20 games in competitions over the age of 16 years over (a minimum of 70% must be in open age competitions) in the marking season 1st March 2016-28th February 2017.Respond to all correspondence from CFA and league appointments officers efficiently, preferably by E-Mail.
3 assessments plus club marks. 5 assessments if no reliance on club marks

Is that just specific to your district or CFA then Brian? I've looked at Hants, Leicestershire, Somerset and the Army FA and none of them mention 5 assessments for 7-6, or club marks.

Is that just specific to your district or CFA then Brian? I've looked at Hants, Leicestershire, Somerset and the Army FA and none of them mention 5 assessments for 7-6, or club marks.
I understand that is national criteria. My County works on the 3 assessments path as it's hard enough with so few assessors around

I understand that is national criteria. My County works on the 3 assessments path as it's hard enough with so few assessors around

Strange then that it's not mentioned on any of their sites.
I don't know of any that require 5 assessments below promotion to Level 4. It's odd that if club marks are taken into account as well as the 3 reports, that CFA's don't actually state that on their web pages. :)

Might find that youre too late for 2016-17 - Registation for London FA for the promotion scheme expired 2359 01/02/2016!

We are aiming for 5 assessments as our new RDO really doesn't like club marks!

Also, aiming to have all assessments completed by the end of Dec 2016!

Although I suspect there will be a lot of unhappy referees around if we have to use the stipulated terminology regarding the current 5 options of Performance Indicators......

We are aiming for 5 assessments as our new RDO really doesn't like club marks!

Also, aiming to have all assessments completed by the end of Dec 2016!

Although I suspect there will be a lot of unhappy referees around if we have to use the stipulated terminology regarding the current 5 options of Performance Indicators......

1. The RDO will quickly realise that he doesn't have enough assessors for ignoring club marks and to get them done by Dec. We aim for all but 1 assessment per candidate by Dec. We can then find them a challenging game for their last assessment. Also does not waste resources in those who withdraw.
2. The new assessment style with no marks and the performance indicators is mandatory across the England now - so no more marks for 7-6 & 6-5.

Back