A&H

Promotion Update

Darius

RefChat Addict
So here's how my double jump attempt is going. Opinions Welcome! These will be as at the end of the month.

Saturday - 3 Middles 8 AR's.
Sunday - 14 Middles

6-5 Assessments - Standard Expected, Above Standard, Above Standard

Club Marks (Cheeky ask of league secretary) - 83

Also done 6 other 'non qualifying games'.

I've got a second round Saturday County Cup game next weekend - which looks a humdinger on paper - which I'm happy with :) I also did 3 in the last round! (1 Saturday 2 Sunday)

Looking quite good I think....only issue would be weather now. My calculations say I can miss 5 dates or I won't hit the magic 50 games I need. That doesn't include days when I might have two games.

On an amusing note though for you all and in a way to show my commitment I will be refereeing the following days between now and end of February....

The Mrs' Birthday
Day after I get back from Vegas from my wedding.
My Birthday
Valentine's Day

Oops!

Reactions: Kes
The Referee Store
I don't know hit works for the double jump, if you can just aggregate all of the fixtures then you'll be fine. I thought that they cut-off at a certain point (the 6-5 bit) and then restarted the 5-4 piece, although that's just what someone told me once and who knows if it's true.

Also bear in mind that for 5-4 they expect you to be doing middles in a high standard league. Not sure what standard the Sunday league you ref in is at, but be aware that the (unofficial) requirements are for one or two levels below Step 5. This was a big thing at the recent promotion seminars the FA did, and they gave examples of refs who have not been promoted owing to this.

Finally, I would think carefully about the day after the Las Vegas trip. I fly a lot across the Atlantic, usually on a nice flat bed, and the next day is often a complete blur. If you can avoid it, I'd have that day off.

The Saturday thing has been discussed elsewhere. If you look at breakdown of my games I've done pretty much the same amount of games on each day it's just that it looks bad because I've been getting my AR games in (leagues choice not mine!)

This'll be more balanced come end of Feb I'm sure

Back