A&H

Punch Up - No red cards

First post on here guys! Have read threads on the site for a few years but have never felt the need to post something until this morning.

I refereed this morning which result in 3 red cards and a misconduct form an all round challenging game. After the game I decided to hang around and watch the game on the pitch adjacent which only had around 10 minutes left.

Only a few minutes into watching a punch up began between two opposing players going hammer and tongs in clear view of the referee. A melee began with players from both sides pushing and shoving.

After the incident had calmed a little the two players involved in the initial punch up were called over and I was gobsmacked that only yellow cards were given with the ref stating there's only a few minutes left.

Not sure what everyone thinks about it, but I felt slightly annoyed with the refusal to send the players off.

The Referee Store
Welcome to the forum mate.

What you saw there is an example of "last weeks ref" in action.

Makes things more difficult for the rest of us who referee the game properly because THEY want an easy life and make up the rules as they go along.

Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't put the cards through anyway :)

Where's Padfoot? :D
Yep, this is inexcusable. "only a few minutes left"...so what? So many things wrong with this. A lot can happen in a game in a few minutes. Those players should be missing more games past the last few minutes of that one, so the red card does matter. Having them on the pitch invites more violence....should I go on?
Sounds like somebody just can't be bothered doing the send-off report, or is one of those referees who believes that he controlled the match through sheer skill if none of the players end up dead or in hospital, and nothing else is relevant. Appalling.
Welcome to the forum?

First post on here guys! Have read threads on the site for a few years but have never felt the need to post something until this morning.

I refereed this morning which result in 3 red cards and a misconduct form an all round challenging game. After the game I decided to hang around and watch the game on the pitch adjacent which only had around 10 minutes left.

Only a few minutes into watching a punch up began between two opposing players going hammer and tongs in clear view of the referee. A melee began with players from both sides pushing and shoving.

After the incident had calmed a little the two players involved in the initial punch up were called over and I was gobsmacked that only yellow cards were given with the ref stating there's only a few minutes left.

Not sure what everyone thinks about it, but I felt slightly annoyed with the refusal to send the players off.

'There's only a few minutes left'

Who is this guy trying to convince - himself or the other players? In this sort of circumstance the last few minutes with them both sent off will be challenging enough as it is, never mind with them still on the pitch for round two also.

@Chris Tonge you Sir have found Last Weeks Ref. Please do us the honour of destroying his cards, kit and whistle :D

I had a game on the line today and upto the point where I'm about to discuss there was nothing in it but with 15 minutes I saw a player blatantly kick out at an opponent brought it to the attention to the referee and had the player sent off then on top of that we had 2 for adopting an aggressive attitude to the assistant manager of the player that's just got kicked and then 2 more cautions for tackles followed then literally 10 yards from me a player comes in 2 footed from the home team so he has to walk as well

I had a game on the line today and upto the point where I'm about to discuss there was nothing in it but with 15 minutes I saw a player blatantly kick out at an opponent brought it to the attention to the referee and had the player sent off then on top of that we had 2 for adopting an aggressive attitude to the assistant manager of the player that's just got kicked and then 2 more cautions for tackles followed then literally 10 yards from me a player comes in 2 footed from the home team so he has to walk as well

Thought you might have lost those...

Back