A&H

Purchases

Ryan Owens

Token Colonial
Level 3 Referee
I've just gone and made a list of all the things I want/need over the next two seasons, how much it will all cost and how many matches it will take for me to get them. Surprisingly, it will only take me 35 U16 and U18 matches to get everything on my list. I've attached the document below. What kinds of things are you looking at purchasing?

Attachments

• Things That Need To Be Purchased for Refereeing.pdf
    286.6 KB · Views: 36
A&H International
The spintso watch seems a bit too complicated, I've never had a problem with using two casio watches which were about £5 each. Admittedly, rocking one of those on a matchday would be pretty cool but I think it's too unnecessary to justify the price. As for the flags, be aware that they only have a 12 month warranty. Good choice on the boots though.

I've purchased some new astros for the summer leagues and treated myself to the new referee kit. That's all for me until something breaks though!

I watched a video on the watch functions and it is actually phenomenally simple: you press one button the whole match. The benefit is that a) it has plenty of reminders and warnings to restart the watch if you've had to stop it (I always forget til about 10 minutes later) and b) it does everything, including added time and half time, which makes things much easier for me. One less thing I have to think about is one less thing I've had to think about. Plus, as you say, it is just neat.

For the flags, the 12 month warranty is a bit of a concern -- I'll see if I can't extend it through the dealer. Cheers.

I'm glad to know the boots are a good choice. I have the Copa Mondial right now and I find that the studs are not well spaced out and that when I finish on the firm astroturf surface, my feet are aching. So I will make due til it's not necessary anymore. Ultimately, I'd like to find a great pair of Umbro boots (given that the CSA uses Umbro kits and I have a weird OCD brand thing where I like my brands to all match) but failing that, I'm happy to use Adidas.

If you like them to match, think about getting some nike boots, and if nike buys out the umbro contract as they did over here, they will match :p

Haha! I'm pretty certain that we're going with Adidas again once the Umbro contract is over.

It was my intention that the fees I had got for my matches since my course in Feb would be paid back onto my credit card to cover the cost of my course, kit, boots watch and other minor sundries. I should have done that by my last game this weekend. Only for my home computer to go mammaries up and now I am going to have to use me fees to by a new pooter!! Oh well. Next season can go towards my credit card then.

Haha, life happens of course. This list is extremely ideal and assumes no nights out with the missus, or drinks to be had with the fellas.

I got the spinsto watch as a gift and honestly it's fantastic.
Very clear display & easy to use.
The price tag is a bit excessive however I would recommend them to people.

Haha, life happens of course. This list is extremely ideal and assumes no nights out with the missus, or drinks to be had with the fellas.

I'm sure she'll understand.......... ;-)

I do love the look of the Spintso, and had heard loads of good about it, but the ref I was assisting on Saturday told me he somehow managed to re-set his during the 2nd half of last week's game, threw him completely.

He's not sure quite how he did it, but suspects it was his fault pressing the reset button rather than stop/start button - how easy would that be ????

The spintso looks good, and I'm sure its a great asset, however I just think that It would be too complicated for me to handle during match time!

The spintso looks good, and I'm sure its a great asset, however I just think that It would be too complicated for me to handle during match time!
Reffariiii, it is literally just 1 button for the whole game! You push it to start the game, and then stop it!

He's not sure quite how he did it, but suspects it was his fault pressing the reset button rather than stop/start button - how easy would that be ????

It isn't that easy! - trust me! After 1 or 2 uses your finger automatically jumps to the right button! The little vibration lets you know you have got the right one! Also, to start and stop the game, the button only has to be pressed for 1 second, but to reset it, it takes about 3 seconds!

Kaiser 5s are amazing. Great choice. I also got the boot care kit and honestly, don't bother. Massively expensive for what it is.

70 bucks for a whistle? Lol no whistle in the world is that good! Get a sonik blast by fox and save yourself 60 bucks!!!

i have a list similar to this. Just waiting to decide what kit to get this season and for the post season sales to kick in...

It isn't that easy! - trust me! After 1 or 2 uses your finger automatically jumps to the right button! The little vibration lets you know you have got the right one! Also, to start and stop the game, the button only has to be pressed for 1 second, but to reset it, it takes about 3 seconds!

He did say it was one of those 'Doh!' moments you get.

I'm heading over to the UK in July for five weeks, so will be trawling through the onlines, ebays and sports shops for cheap gear. The top-end stuff is very expensive over here and very few places carry ref gear, so it's usually a case of buying in from Oz or the US.

He did say it was one of those 'Doh!' moments you get.

I'm heading over to the UK in July for five weeks, so will be trawling through the onlines, ebays and sports shops for cheap gear. The top-end stuff is very expensive over here and very few places carry ref gear, so it's usually a case of buying in from Oz or the US.
Ah fair enough.

Depending on where you are coming, I wouldn't bother looking! For some reason more sports shops in my local area don't stock much for referees!

Back