A&H

Questions

Harry A

I'm looking to start a referee course and I have a few questions.

Firstly, you have to referee 6 games before you can pass your course, are these games real league games and if so is there a specific standard you manage or does the age group vary?

Secondly, what is the pay a Level 7 referee receives per game? Again, does it vary with different age groups or leagues?

And finally, I am 16, will I be able to referee games with players who are older than me (e.g. U19s or open age)? And for your first games do you have to referee lower age groups or can you begin refereeing older players?

Thanks!

The Referee Store
Hi,

1. 6 games open age or junior must be minimum of 9V9 including offsides,

2. Usually £15/20 without expenses

3. At 16 you can referee anything.

4. It is best practice to referee 2 years younger than yourself at 14/15 so maybe would be easier for you to do that to start with and don't dive in at the deep end doing open age straight away at 16 would be my advice!

Hope this helps!

Yeah that's brilliant thanks, one more, do you choose a certain league and referee games in it every week or are you assigned a game weekly in different age groups and different leagues that you cannot choose?

Thanks

Yeah that's brilliant thanks, one more, do you choose a certain league and referee games in it every week or are you assigned a game weekly in different age groups and different leagues that you cannot choose?

Thanks
your RDO should send you some information on registering with leagues in your vicinity, and will very likely recommend which ones will be suitable... dont be shy about asking his or her advice. Once you have registered with a league they will send you a fixture each week. Again, do liaise with the ref secretary of that particular league, any preferences you might have, travel issues etc ...
good luck to you young man

@Harry A - where are you based in North Riding?

If in and around York, PM me and I can give you some contact details.

Otherwise Ross Joyce, the RDO, will explain all this on the course and sometimes the leagues come to sign you up.

Back