A&H

Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrumRef

Regular Contributor
Level 7 Referee
I’ve been told by a mate today that a game today, an u11 game his brother was playing in was abandoned. Apparently the victim was extremely skilful and was taking the piss by doing tricks then the attacker picked up the ball and launched it at the lads face and called him the n word. This sparked a mass confrontation between players then the ref tried to step between the original players but the player that was allegedly racially abused punched the lad in the face with some force and the other lad did the same back at which point parents and managers were pushing and accusing and swearing - handbags etc. The poor ref was 15 and obviously as any ref would abandoned the game
My question is how long is the player likely to be banned for if found guilty of discrimination against a protected race

The Referee Store
I'll nip this one in the bud now before anything further gets posted.

1. No comments should be made as to potential on-going cases. Discussions about how to handle incidents etc are find but we cannot go near anything specific to individual cases.
2. As officials, it's not our responsibility to concern ourselves with the outcome of any disciplinary matters. As officials, we simply deal with what we have to in terms of reports (keeping to facts rather than opinion) and then allow due process to occur.

The FA Handbook outlines how cases are dealt with etc if you really want to read several pages relating to disciplinary sanctions etc but there's no need for it to be discussed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back