A&H

Red card following final whistle

R

Ryan Morris

Following the final whistle today, a player shouted "F*** off ref, everytime we have you you ruin the f******* game, you're a f******* joke!"" from a distance. I immediately blew my whistle and shouted "Red number 6, can you come over here please". He ignored me and walked away throwing his arms up in the air.

By this point players from both sides had started shaking hands with me and my assistants, so I explained to some of the red team to get their player over me or else his fine and offence is going to increase. They shouted him and warned him of the consequences but he continued walking away. I shouted and whistled but he didn't turn. His manager called him back but to no avail.
In the end I showed a red card to his back from a distance. I got his name from his teammates and it matched up on the teamsheet with his number.

How do I go about reporting this on the Wholegame system? Do I report it as a red card and then also misconduct for failing to come over and accept his offence?

Many thanks,
Ryan

The Referee Store
Hi Ryan, as the actual card is a communication tool you dont technically have to show the card to be able report it. but I would say that you would need to communicate in some way that you will be issuing a dismissal and/or a misconduct report. did you tell him?

Hi @Paul_Jones, after he had somewhat calmed down he came into the changing rooms after the game with the manager apoligising for his actions. He told me the reason he didn't come over to me was because he knew he was going to be/was sent off. I told him that he was correct and he had been sent off, and that by ignoring me and walking I was considering further action.

Following the final whistle today, a player shouted "F*** off ref, everytime we have you you ruin the f******* game, you're a f******* joke!"" from a distance. I immediately blew my whistle and shouted "Red number 6, can you come over here please". He ignored me and walked away throwing his arms up in the air.

By this point players from both sides had started shaking hands with me and my assistants, so I explained to some of the red team to get their player over me or else his fine and offence is going to increase. They shouted him and warned him of the consequences but he continued walking away. I shouted and whistled but he didn't turn. His manager called him back but to no avail.
In the end I showed a red card to his back from a distance. I got his name from his teammates and it matched up on the teamsheet with his number.

How do I go about reporting this on the Wholegame system? Do I report it as a red card and then also misconduct for failing to come over and accept his offence?

Many thanks,
Ryan

Report the red card and the misconduct as they were technically separate offences. Also, it is unnecessary to show the red card in this situation given the distance and the timing. Just inform the red team's gaffer that his player has been awarded a red card for his brilliance.

Many thanks,
Ryan
Report two separate offences, the dismissal and misconduct. Well done for staying calm in the situation. I remember assessing a referee going 7-6 and in a similar situation, he chased the player around the field until he could get him to look at the card. It didn't look good.

Didn't do him any harm though as he is now part of the County's School of Excellence and in his first season at Level 4.

Personally, I'd be quite happy with the red card. If he's carried on abusing you then maybe report but him walking off was prob for the best.
Just report as normal but put.
"I informed captain/club official that xxx had been sent off. No card was shown"

Back