A&H

Referee Inactive - All around Yorkshire ...

I turned out nice and early for this morning's Sunday Trophy Quarter Final and had 90 minutes of enjoyment with 2 teams who wanted to play football. I saw some spectacular goals, had to make some close calls and deal with my least favourite condition - cramp!

After last night's RA Dinner I had an upset stomach (euphemism alert!) which continued into the morning and despite my best efforts at staying hydrated, it seems that my potassium levels were low and I got cramp in my right calf.

I kept easing it through rotating my ankle and flexing my knee but it hampered my progress for much of the 2nd half. I got through and we had a result at 90 minutes which allowed me to head home for a quick clean up before heading to watch this afternoon's game. Even though I had been to the ground before I trusted my satnav to guide me along the fastest route.

This involved taking me along the M62 through 16 miles of speed restricted roadworks and then into the country lanes and tops around Huddersfield. Having worked in this area I was familiar with the twisting turning lanes not much wider than the car. Unfortunately I hit a diversion followed by a Road Closed sign so I collared a local passerby to ask why the road was closed. It seems that a mill fire the previous evening had left the building in which the mill was housed unsafe and it was being demolished.

So after another 4 mile diversion I made it to the ground where the game was taking place. It was a very competitive game and unfortunately for the team I was supporting, the home team won, which eliminated my "team" from the competition. The drive home was much more relaxing and now it's time for my reports from this morning and to start my assessments from yesterday.

Meanwhile Cardiff have just lost to Liverpool on penalties in the Carling Cup Final and The Owls beat The Blades in the Sheffield Derby.

Last bit ... two graphs from today's game. Harder work in the first half before the cramp stopped me running as much ... Calories 852, average heart rate 88% of maximum

Calories 710, average heart rate 84% of maximum

1430959096615306100-3654099499252143991

Continue reading...

The Referee Store
Back