A&H

Refereeing open age

Rob123

I’ve refeReed youth football for over a year now and have started running the line for adults (Im under 18) so was wondering when I should start refereeing open age

The Referee Store
Do it when you like, maybe start at U18 level first though to ease you in. It can be a big jump and many don’t like the harsh reality world of OA that you may fall into.. good luck though..

I’d ask your RA if they could ask any of their experienced members to come to a couple of your first games to give support.

Also, speak to the leagues and let them know that you’re under 18 - I’m sure the ref sec will give you appropriate games!

Go to a couple of OA matches and chat to the ref at half time too - I find watching other refs and chatting to them is always really helpful.

Go to a couple of OA matches and chat to the ref at half time too - I find watching other refs and chatting to them is always really helpful.

That's good advice. You may well have already done this but it's certainly a good idea to check out a couple of matches in the area you are targeting and get a feel for whether it suits you.

Back