A&H

Reffed my first adult women game

A111

Level 7 Referee
Hi everyone
I’m a 16 year old ref who’s reffed lots of youth football from under 13 to u15 even refereed a semi final last weekend and a 4th official in a final too u14 all surprising I guess??.
Today I took the decision to referee my first adult womens game not sure why I opted for that over adult Mens but owell
So today was a day that everyone saw I young I looked so they decided I guess not to shut at me or anything except the players obviously but owell
First half I didn’t do to bad I felt offsides are still an issue within the game for me even though I’ve waved a few offsides this season they’ve still been a problem but owell.
I felt bad for missing a blatant foul throw didn’t lead to anything but I was left red faced by it
In the second half it went a little interesting
I’ve started to realise there was a player of the away team being mouthy to me calling every foul as she continued after a restart of play I had a little word with hr about what she was doing and warning her of her behaviour as she did come up to me when I gave a foul against her team saying a yellow card and a sin bin as a punishment she started to say I don’t care as she does it with all referees and one of her own team mates told me she’s on autism so there’s a reason why she shouts
But overall I did give a yellow card for a female player for kicking the ball after I gave a foul(should of isolated her but my fault) away in a bad manner
But I felt so down as I feel like some of the decisions I gave were wrong or I didn’t blow for fouls it’s hard to accept this
I normally do the line in combined counties premier div or div 1 but I think I didn’t do well even though the players on the winning team said I did but I’m not convinced

A&H International
Hi everyone
I’m a 16 year old ref who’s reffed lots of youth football from under 13 to u15 even refereed a semi final last weekend and a 4th official in a final too u14 all surprising I guess??.
Today I took the decision to referee my first adult womens game not sure why I opted for that over adult Mens but owell
So today was a day that everyone saw I young I looked so they decided I guess not to shut at me or anything except the players obviously but owell
First half I didn’t do to bad I felt offsides are still an issue within the game for me even though I’ve waved a few offsides this season they’ve still been a problem but owell.
I felt bad for missing a blatant foul throw didn’t lead to anything but I was left red faced by it
I’ve started to realise there was a player of the away team being mouthy to me calling every foul as she continued after a restart of play I had a little word with hr about what she was doing and warning her of her behaviour as she did come up to me when I gave a foul against her team saying a yellow card and a sin bin as a punishment she started to say I don’t care as she does it with all referees and one of her own team mates told me she’s on autism so there’s a reason why she shouts
But overall I did give a yellow card for a female player for kicking the ball after I gave a foul(should of isolated her but my fault) away in a bad manner
But I felt so down as I feel like some of the decisions I gave were wrong or I didn’t blow for fouls it’s hard to accept this
I normally do the line in combined counties premier div or div 1 but I think I didn’t do well even though the players on the winning team said I did but I’m not convinced
On the autism thing: I’m autistic and it does mean I really am a stickler for rules so I am known to argue the laws with referees as a player (sorry!) but it’s no excuse for not listening to warnings to improve behaviour, especially for an adult. You did the right thing with her.

Hi everyone
We can't tell you whether your individual decisions were right or wrong. That's besides the point. Refereeing at your age is an opportunity for amazing personal development. Your post is full of self-doubt. Only time and experience will turn that you into the Referee you can potentially be
You're at base one. Don't worry about mistakes. They're unavoidable. Just reflect and learn

Back