A&H

Rehabilitation of Offenders

Dirty Harry

You know that thing where drivers who commit offences get to attend a National Driver Offender Retraining Scheme like the National Speed Awareness Course etc.? Well, here's an idea... how about players who get sent off have the option of an ADHD/ADD (or other ASD) assessment and appropriate behaviour awareness and/or anger management training instead of a fine/suspension (or a reduced fine/suspension)? The reduction/removal of the fine/suspension would depend entirely on the course assessors report, so not just a case of turning up and getting an automatic result. Anyway, just a thought...

In my experience, many persistent offenders have underlying mental health issues that could (and should) be addressed to help them and others enjoy what is a recreational game after all...

The Referee Store
(I thought this was gonna be about refs who are City fans!)

For violent conduct and OFFINABUS red cards, yes, great idea. For "footballing" offences, I don't think so.
For non players, double yes.

Reactions: one
Yes good idea and it is in practice in some countries and occasions. I asked a friend who refereed at tier two in Australia for a number of years about how he became a referee. As a player he assaulted a referee many years ago. In exchange for a reduced ban he was asked to do a referee course and referee at grassroots for one year. He moved up the ladder pretty quick.

This is rumoured to be coming in place in my local area apparently in regards to Misconduct related to abuse.

An Abuse Awareness Course, or whatever. Personally, I'd just raise the fines to £200 per misconduct report sent in and leave it at that! :p

This is rumoured to be coming in place in my local area apparently in regards to Misconduct related to abuse.

An Abuse Awareness Course, or whatever. Personally, I'd just raise the fines to £200 per misconduct report sent in and leave it at that! :p
And half that fee going to the referee who was made to go through the trouble if writing the report right?

And half that fee going to the referee who was made to go through the trouble if writing the report right?

Sometimes I think the only reason my County FA loves me is because of the money I make them in fines from the misconduct reports I hand out! :D

As much as I'd like to see some of that money in my pocket, I'm against that idea because it'll just breed corruption.

Perhaps a tongue in cheeks emoji would have help with my previous comment. But again £100 for writing a misconduct report should have given it away :)

Sometimes I think the only reason my County FA loves me is because of the money I make them in fines from the misconduct reports I hand out! :D

As much as I'd like to see some of that money in my pocket, I'm against that idea because it'll just breed corruption.

bet refs numbers would shoot back up though...

Back