A&H

Respect...my a**e

deusex

RefChat Addict
3 match ban for violent conduct and calling me a fat c**t whilst leaving the pitch.
Now, I'm a grown man and don't cry myself to sleep after matches but what that essentially says is "Once you get a RC, give the ref loads of OFFINABUS, you've already been sent off so you might as well"
Nice one county.

And I weigh like 12 stone *cough*

The Referee Store
Good question padfoot. Needed to be a red card report plus an additional misconduct report else only the initial incident will be dealt with.

That's news to me! (And I'm in my 8th season!).
That is also pointless bureaucracy IMO. Does the discipline officer stop reading when I mention a red card was shown?.
Why can't this (probably quite common) event just go on the RC form?

"In the 30th minute of this game, with the ball in play, I saw the player named above deliberately kick an
opponent on the leg after a taking offence to a challenge on him. At the time of the incident I was about 10
metres away and I had a clear and unobstructed view.
I sent off the player and showed him the red card.
The player called me a "fat ****" before leaving the pitch.
Play was restarted with a ****** Amateurs free kick."

Clear, concise, brief. Is this REALLY not enough?

I have said it for years ....The FA are so eager to keep participation up , they are failing to support their Referees
The only way Respect will work is if we have much heftier fines and bans for the more serious offences on a football pitch

Our County Governance department are quite good at picking out additional offences. I would however recommend a separate report. In this case the offender probably would have received an additional 2 match suspension from all football, on top of his original punishment. At this time of year the all football suspension really kicks in if his team don't play for 6 weeks!

That's news to me! (And I'm in my 8th season!).
That is also pointless bureaucracy IMO. Does the discipline officer stop reading when I mention a red card was shown?.
Why can't this (probably quite common) event just go on the RC form?

"In the 30th minute of this game, with the ball in play, I saw the player named above deliberately kick an
opponent on the leg after a taking offence to a challenge on him. At the time of the incident I was about 10
metres away and I had a clear and unobstructed view.
I sent off the player and showed him the red card.
The player called me a "fat ****" before leaving the pitch.
Play was restarted with a ****** Amateurs free kick."

Clear, concise, brief. Is this REALLY not enough?

It shouldn't make any difference as they should spot additional offences, but if they have 2 separate reports to deal with there is no ambiguity about matters.

I have said it for years ....The FA are so eager to keep participation up , they are failing to support their Referees
The only way Respect will work is if we have much heftier fines and bans for the more serious offences on a football pitch

Not just the FA....The leagues have a responsibility towards their referees as well.
I have pretty much been sidelined by the biggest OA league in my county because, and I'll quote the refs appointment officer, 'the teams don't appreciate strong referees, it spoils their enjoyment of the game, and your card count is upsetting them'.
My reply was simple.....when they stop behaving atrociously I'll stop dishing the cards out....while they want to shout, threaten, intimidate and generally berate referees, I'll keep dealing with what's in front of me.

Haven't had a game for them all season, and their disciplinary hall of shame is head and shoulders above every other league in the county.....truly horrific. And it's the same 7 or 8 teams that keep cropping up........has been for years.....but the league won't do anything, and the CFA rarely hand out anything more than the standard sanctions.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's quite the opposite down here, in one of the leagues I ref on, the league want to you to caution for dissent rather than things like AA, stick it in as dissent, they get flagged with the league secretary and then the clubs are fined £50-£60 a time. My fixture a few weeks ago the club got £100 fine for 1. Not bothering to empty the broom cupboard they expected me to change in and 2. 4 cautions 2 of which were dissent.

Still doesn't stop them though.

Reactions: SM
Back