A&H

Rest or Improve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All i am doing is a steady 2 miles everynight after work my fitness test is on the 10th of July so going to ramp it up two weeks before

The Referee Store
I'm doing a mixture of running exercises, 5k's, HIIT etc. I've started swimming recently which is nice, apparently the best kind of exercise! I'm planning on getting my boots on soon and doing some sprinting work on a football pitch. I was promoted to the second tier of Wales this year so I want my fitness to be on point!

Getting silly now. Got the gym bug. Been 4 times this week (heading there again in an hour), average time in gym 105 minutes per session, typically 45-50 on cardio, 50-55 on weights, 5-10 on stretches, the rest standing around catching my breath. Very, very tired and sore in a few places but feeling very good. Downside, the weights are putting bulk back on me and my shirts don't fit so well.

Reactions: SM
So far I have started going the other way.... Bad diet, alcohol and two training sessions in the week.

Hang over from a back muscle spasm a few weeks back which is now healed but destroyed my motivation.

:)

Pretty limited with running for me because of the Achilles Tendonitis!!!
Been doing a local 8 a-side league out on grass 3/4 size pitch twice a week, then it's to painful to do anymore running.
Aiming to lose several stone this year and next, so will get back down on the gym on the cross trainer, hopefully with a a few stone lost the pressure will be easier on the tendons!

I would recommend rest as it's very essential for muscle growth, preventing muscle fatigue, and improving performance.
After a while gaining some energy by taking a rest I'd prefer to go back to the workout routine.
Relieve the stress by resting and then back to work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back